Blast The Bunnies!

So I get set up in the paddock, right where the rabbits were feeding last time, seeing as this was a sheep field last year I have the camping bed on the ground to stop ticks, set the gun up, screen myself off with camo netting and wait, to find all the rabbits seem to have moved from this end of the paddock to the far end.

Move everything in a right snot and decide to go for a stalk round instead. Grass and nettles to face height! Means that you sound like an elephant in rough seas getting to the track! So by the time I got to where I could see everything had legged it! Oh well, went for a walk and stalk and on the way back down I could see a pair of rabbits back where they had been out earlier.

The biggest one was too far away, but the closer one had been toying with me on several occasions, it was one one of the two older females on that permission and I managed to get a good line on the head. So I let loose a pellet and whack, straight on it's side, kick and dead!

Pad%20Bun%201_zpsvnoy27w2.jpg

Just got to get it's dinner companion now!

• Like 1

Sometimes that how it goes,always seeming to be just out of range of everything but you had a walk out and saw some so not all bad really,and got something to eat out of it...

Is its dinner companion another rabbit or different meat altogether?