River Aire Fish Passes!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went down to the river Aire on Saturday for a look at the new fish passes that have been built....       Eel board.......     And the other.....     Another eel board....    

A bit of revival of an old topic but I have to share the joy lol   I got a phone call from a mate who was fishing the aire and he caught 3 eels!!! So I shot down to see and here they are....    

i remember seeing fish trying to jump the weir at cas... i wasnt sure what they were, i was stuck on the bridge in traffic at the time. nice to see those pics tom .

Posted Images

I know the area you boys are talking about. As you go up kirkstall road away from the city you come to the top junction where you turn left to morrisons. Just past that small parade of shops on the left a small brook goes under the road. It's pretty fast flowing but looks a proper little stream to fish, very trouty.........anybody fished it and who has the rights ?

I know the area you boys are talking about. As you go up kirkstall road away from the city you come to the top junction where you turn left to morrisons. Just past that small parade of shops on the left a small brook goes under the road. It's pretty fast flowing but looks a proper little stream to fish, very trouty.........anybody fished it and who has the rights ?

I have fished it, for the most of it's length it is very silty and very shallow. I have only ever had a couple of small trout from it. It starts up at the Abbey and ends just under the fish pass. It starts near the old abbey railway and ends just under the fish pass. There's better places.

• Like 1

You get chub in that brook,the aire is a hard river to fish and eats tackle for fun,witch weir at rodlet has been taken out j darce one at old shit beds is still there,a fish pass has been put in there mate

You get chub in that brook,the aire is a hard river to fish and eats tackle for fun,witch weir at rodlet has been taken out j darce one at old shit beds is still there,a fish pass has been put in there mate

Classed as Newley I believe. Took this pic the last time I was in the area.

post-16-0-17296400-1435131510_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it's newley just up from the old forge ,Why was it tuck out j darce,

I presume for the same reason that the fish passes were installed. Though it wouldn't have held up any fish I shouldn't have thought.

Wondering I you guys can help me out, do any of you know where I might be able to get a barbel or decent chub from the Bradford City AA waters? I'm a fly and lure man mainly but have some stuff that I use for the odd bit of puddle chucking?

I hear saltaire is the place to go for aire barbel I think the book is only £22

Yes it's newley just up from the old forge ,Why was it tuck out j darce,

I presume for the same reason that the fish passes were installed. Though it wouldn't have held up any fish I shouldn't have thought.

I thaught fish could pass this one as it was quite low anyway! It's transformed the river upstream! Not good for the chub now.

It's free - it's not as good as it used to be as the level in it has been lowered about 4 years ago. It was a little heaven before the level was lowered at the sluice by kirkstall abbey iv had 4lbs brown trou, nice chub, roach and lots of gudgeon out of it. It's pants now tho barely caperble of holding the fish it used to as it's too shallow. I think it was lowered to stop flooding at the immigration centre.