Been after a fox that has been taking chickens, i have sat out with the rifle at the time it as been seen with no joy, have had a trap set for 3 weeks now, have baited it with rabbit, pigeon until its as been eaten away with maggots, and scattered bits of cat food sardines around the area.

Not seen it myself or it would of come to the end of its life

Have set it up along the fence line at the side of out building so its does not look to out of place.

The trap is a home made one and as caught just over 80 foxes in it. It is 8' long so it is big enough.

Can any of you give me any more tips which might help ? or is just a matter of waiting ?

cheers airbourne

if you've already had 80 in it you must be doing something right . so just carry on doing what you done before

Borrowed the trap of a friend its years old but stood the test of time. first i had it set close to the house but i have caught all of their 3 dogs and 2 of their cats in it.

So i move further away and asked them to keep the dogs away.

This fox will walk past the dog run has if they are not there.

He is hard faced and cunning probably watching while i sit there with the rifle :huh:

Mate. :bye::bye::bye: You are clearly missing the point. The fecking thing wants chicken so why the hell bait with pigeon and rabbit. :thumbs:

hi jok got to agree mate, my missus keeps a few hens asked her if i could have one of them for bait :censored::censored::censored::censored: divorce was mentioned that was a bad idea.

nobody will part with them. i am not going to buy one have you seen the price of them lol

Put a chicken in a cage on the inside of the chicken run with the cage tight to the fence ... Then on the other side of the fence put the cage trap with the back of the trap agains the fence right opposite the chicken in the cage so to the fox it looks like the chicken is at the end of the cage trap ... In he goes hits the treadle plate fox in the bag .......

• Like 1

Funny old thing :hmm: Lost 19 young birds only week past Monday. :cray: Why the fcuk did whoever, nail my new laying birds.? Back to your comment. My old birds have led their life and I guess have got to go. SO. ?? Fox bait. :hmm: Thing is, I made my sleeping quarters virtually impossible for the Red terror to get in. Have you ever heard of as many birds going missing without a feather in the surrounding area? Know what? neither have I. All the evidence was actually in the pen. 7ft high fencing with totally netted top. No holes and all the feathers within. Makes you wonder. :hmm:

Funny old thing :hmm: Lost 19 young birds only week past Monday. :cray: Why the fcuk did whoever, nail my new laying birds.? Back to your comment. My old birds have led their life and I guess have got to go. SO. ?? Fox bait. :hmm: Thing is, I made my sleeping quarters virtually impossible for the Red terror to get in. Have you ever heard of as many birds going missing without a feather in the surrounding area? Know what? neither have I. All the evidence was actually in the pen. 7ft high fencing with totally netted top. No holes and all the feathers within. Makes you wonder. :hmm:

strange that, put some cctv up

Put a chicken in a cage on the inside of the chicken run with the cage tight to the fence ... Then on the other side of the fence put the cage trap with the back of the trap agains the fence right opposite the chicken in the cage so to the fox it looks like the chicken is at the end of the cage trap ... In he goes hits the treadle plate fox in the bag .......

its a pull bar not a treadle plate mate, it might be worth a try thou