.22 Or .25 For Hunting?

As above, but .177 at 15 ft/lb is a very effective air gun calibre/ power to consider also.

About as sweet as it gets in .177.

Remember though, "all that power does not make you a better shot (j. darcy) but fieldcraft makes you a "true hunter" (me :tongue2: )

atb

Edited by mark williams

For general work .22 up to about 30ft lb, after that a .22lr.

If he's after squirrel and woodie some shots will be upward? Would .22lr not be unsuitable? I don't use FAC but just thought I'd raise the question...

For general work .22 up to about 30ft lb, after that a .22lr.

If he's after squirrel and woodie some shots will be upward? Would .22lr not be unsuitable? I don't use FAC but just thought I'd raise the question...

Ammo is available to use in a .22lr from around 30ft lb upwards!

But why would you want/need more than a 30ft lb air rifle to stop a squirrel anyway, most people get by just fine with 12ft lb.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi was trying to comment on your old post on wanting a shooting partner but is locked post.I live in clacton on sea also and have been shooting since I was 10 been in the army for 8 years as a paratrooper and wanting somewhere to shoot as originally from Cornwall so struggling around cla ton I have just bought a day state airwolf 0.22 very powerful airgun interested in shooting with you also like to eat what I kill sam

Hi was trying to comment on your old post on wanting a shooting partner but is locked post.I live in clacton on sea also and have been shooting since I was 10 been in the army for 8 years as a paratrooper and wanting somewhere to shoot as originally from Cornwall so struggling around cla ton I have just bought a day state airwolf 0.22 very powerful airgun interested in shooting with you also like to eat what I kill sam

Hi mate try posting a request for a shooting partner as a new thread on the general air rifle section.

You'd have a better chance of receiving a reply.