Badly Let Down

I'd just like to say it's not just time wasters who phone and promise to buy pups but don't turn up etc.ive been badly let down by somebody who promised me a pup of the exact breeding I wanted.he seemed totally genuine and I was prepared to drive a 13hr round trip for this dog.no money changed hands but now I'm not so sure there even was a litter.i had spoken to him on the phone a few times.but now weeks before I thought I was getting my pup he will not answer the phone or reply to a txt msg.but I know for a fact he's been on Facebook.absolute wa**er!!i had looked for the right pup since the back end of last yr. i wasn't put in contact with him on here but another site. Absolute knob! Completely pissed off

Shit that mate. I know the feeling. I had a half built kennel and run, cost me over £700. The pup I desperately wanted didnt turn up, the bitch is a cracker too. But I know it was through no fault of the owner though so its a bit different. I ended up driving from the south coast up to Paisley for a similar bred pup. Things have turned out great so far. Something will turn up bud.

if they really want it they will pay a deposit then you no there for real :thumbs:

If he`d have payed a deposit, he`d probably have no pup and no deposit :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: no deposit no pup saved :thumbs:

sorry read it wrong thought he was selling :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by wi11ow
  • Like 1

Shit that mate. I know the feeling. I had a half built kennel and run, cost me over £700. The pup I desperately wanted didnt turn up, the bitch is a cracker too. But I know it was through no fault of the owner though so its a bit different. I ended up driving from the south coast up to Paisley for a similar bred pup. Things have turned out great so far. Something will turn up bud.

Hopefully it does mate

Any let down like this is a sickener but for what it's worth i wouldn't hold out looking for any lurcher of any particular cross ever again.

I'd much rather source from dogs that i know are doing the job i require, rather than on 'the right cross'.

With going about it that way you will either know or get to know the dogs behind your pup, aswell as the owner and that, in this puppy saturated world might make all the difference.

Better luck next time. ;)

There is no end of liars and absolute nutters in this game, I know plenty!! One was offering a dog that didn't exist to a mate when his dog died then when he said he'd have it the dog was apparently sold...lol caught him out as the image he sent was of a dog I knew of!! One more moron I no longer associate with.,,

• Like 1

Any let down like this is a sickener but for what it's worth i wouldn't hold out looking for any lurcher of any particular cross ever again.

I'd much rather source from dogs that i know are doing the job i require, rather than on 'the right cross'.

With going about it that way you will either know or get to know the dogs behind your pup, aswell as the owner and that, in this puppy saturated world might make all the difference.

this is good advice. .

spot on Paul :thumbs: yeh 2 good honest parents doing the business , and knowing the dogs your in with a fighting chance of a pup /and good'un :yes:

• Like 4

Thanks pal

Know the feeling, Only it's not pups I'm selling.

Ive been let down not once, not twice but FOUR times this week alone.

They were all go then once I sent my address they disappeared. Won't answer my calls or texts - nothing.

I've never worried about getting bloody robbed so much in my life! Sick to my stomach.