• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it used to saw a woman in half. IWM

Dutch : kist val or in German Kastenfalle

If a mole trap traps a mole and a rat trap traps a rat then I presume a kist trap traps a kist. It's not rocket science folks.

back to the question good idea ? now you all know what one is

Probably would help you, if your description on a certain auction site had more than 2 words, IMO. of course could be wrong

looks very heavy to me, not much room in the van for that. :hmm: flat pack traps when ever possible for me.

IWM

E bay selling them for £40. Looks a bit like a wooden fox trap.

Hmmmm the name of the eBay seller rings a bell!

Perhaps his originating post should have said

"hi made a kist trap today and am selling a few..

good idea?"

Or trying desperately to sell just one of my poorly made mini traps :laugh: :laugh: And call it something that nearly all of Britain has never heard of. Its a great idea

Edited by shropshire mole

wont be long before they are in common use, the kist trap.

with legislation changing all the time with the use of extracting foxes

from earths with terriers or that rock hole you wouldn't want to put your dog in

kist trap gives you an extra way of catching it, whats wrong with that?

they are well made and strong not heavy or bulky made at the request of a pest controller friend

if you had the knowledge and knew how to use one why need a description

wont be long before they are in common use, the kist trap.

with legislation changing all the time with the use of extracting foxes

from earths with terriers or that rock hole you wouldn't want to put your dog in

kist trap gives you an extra way of catching it, whats wrong with that?

they are well made and strong not heavy or bulky made at the request of a pest controller friend

if you had the knowledge and knew how to use one why need a description

since most of us here had no idea what the kist trap was/is then your market to sell them will be very limited.

So if you had a full description of the kist trap and dimensions and how to use, then, just may be sales would increase, maybe some on here would consider a purchase. Personally I am still baffled as to how to use. The end

Shropshire mole

if for some reason you cant get a fox out of an earth or its a earth you know there is one in but cant use a terrier

due to the law

block all holes up bah one set the kist in this one, keep checking till you catch it, its a wooden trap open letting the light in encouraging the fox in its no smaller than the chamber its come out of

is very effective, its a a one way system door drops down once in so cant get out,

sorry thought more people knew what a kist trap was

• Like 1

Shropshire mole

if for some reason you cant get a fox out of an earth or its a earth you know there is one in but cant use a terrier

due to the law

block all holes up bah one set the kist in this one, keep checking till you catch it, its a wooden trap open letting the light in encouraging the fox in its no smaller than the chamber its come out of

is very effective, its a a one way system door drops down once in so cant get out,

sorry thought more people knew what a kist trap was

Thank you

• Like 1

The Kist Fox trap on ebay has dimensions of 120 x 15 x 11 cm.

(An opening size of 6"x 4 1/2")? Might be big enough for a rabbit or am I missing something.

trust me you can and I have caught many full grown adult dog foxes in these traps. iv even caught a whole litter in one night in one trap .

Mazperks you and everyone else apart from 2 on here are baffled how you catch a adult fox in a 6" trap. Magic?

The Kist Fox trap on ebay has dimensions of 120 x 15 x 11 cm.

(An opening size of 6"x 4 1/2")? Might be big enough for a rabbit or am I missing something.

trust me you can and I have caught many full grown adult dog foxes in these traps. iv even caught a whole litter in one night in one trap .

Mazperks you and everyone else apart from 2 on here are baffled how you catch a adult fox in a 6" trap. Magic?

The trap is walled in so the only way a fox is able to get out of the 'earth' is through the trap. The kist trap is very tight and allows no room for the fox to move. This is why, in my opinion, they would bring the user foul of the law. I must confess that I don't like them at all.They also make them out of stone in some places.

• Like 3

I personally am not saying this trap won't work because Ive never seen or heard of them before.

I am puzzled though why the opening is made so small, when the idea is to get the fox trapped as easily as possible into it.

I personally am not saying this trap won't work because Ive never seen or heard of them before.

I am puzzled though why the opening is made so small, when the idea is to get the fox trapped as easily as possible into it.

Agree, if the trap entrance was bigger, then would be easier for fox to enter and get trapped!!!