Magnum Trap 116 / 110

Thank you, going to try out a 116 on mink,I was looking at some vids and thought that the 110 / 116 looked very similar in size.

I use the 110 for mink. they are very strong. I had a broken hand last year to prove it.

110s are no good in uk only upto squirrel.. legals are 116 for mink.

110s would be great for uk less risk to winter otter imo. i cant understand the dummo's who didnt put it up for use with mink in uk legislation.

110 bottom edge set is deadly on rats as well as mink. this is the 110s pinacle set imo and where it shines most.

im questioning the 120 2 victor use in uk due to 2012 trap approvals not listing them.. ive had no reply yet from the relevant authorities on the matter and im getting ready already for this winter and could do with know what im pulling out the sheds for use.. im gonna be takin the furs like you irish fellas have been thinking,not many bother in uk for fur some but not many, nafa and trade is possibly changing im just checking em out at the moment wild fur could be back it is already but i think it could lead in future years.

you get some good mink numbers on some of them streams in ireland and your laws are still great in many aspects.

atb

I looked into sending furs over to my mate in Canada to put in when he sent in his, the main problem is the cost and the importing of foreign animal products, also our winters are not cold enough to produce what they class as prime furs so you would only be getting low prices, at the moment fur prices are on there arse, i have just looked at the ontario fur auction prices for 3 june and not a single mink was sold also prime red fox was an average of $26 canadian around £15, if you weigh up all the work involved its hardly worth it.

my mate over there is pissed as he had nearly 300 coon skins in and most of the racoons went unsold.

Next year might be different but they will have massive stock piles so its unlikely, best of luck.

Brian

• Like 1

The trouble with the US fur market is that wild fur will struggle to compete against the 'purpose-bred' chinese fur from 'farmed' animals. God only knows the state of the chinky fur farms, you'd think there'd be a push to utilise 'ethically harvested' fur, trapped from the wild rather than from cages. But it all boils down to £££ o0r $$$ rather. IMO the fur market will continue to drop as the chinkys breed more and more, Russia is a big market for fur, but times change and markets move...

The Americans will always get good $ for cat, wolf and wolverine though.... :victory:

But we in the UK are kidding ourselves if we think we're going to make anything worth while.....just MO...

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 1

Most of the stuff that fetches good money is not here to trap, fishers, lynx,sable and coyote all bring good money, and the yanks not trading with Russia has not helped, believe it or not the best prices on cat were paid from Greece who are supposed to be Fckd.

• Like 1

i think what i have read may be a little optimistic i read somewhere about a collection for european market and a push for the wild fur.. i looked at there reds and thought ours were better. wild im talking.. but a photo can be decieving.

trouble i see is low sales= half decent stuff going for next to nothing, shame to put it to waste when it could be used.

i must open a caveman clothes store.. online obviously :laugh:

when i last looked at fur many years back it was same problem grade and prices in a bad market. damn shame cos i got a lot on this year shame to waste the furs.

other countries like germany are overun with raccoons so some say.. i didnt know that till this year. it got me thinking on fur and when i looked at other european countries they got it all... raccoon dog i had never taken note of and thought it was asian.. these euro countries got the lot. all the cats and stuff are amazing. its all amazing to see and realise the

other countries are so diverse in animals.

talk about an eye opener,. i was thinking how good it could be coon trapping my way around germany and such.. a nice dillusion of grandeur that would have been :blink: plenty of raccoons but no cash,or not a viable amount to cover running costs of living.

im still gonna catch me a few coon over there cant help myself.

Talking about trading fur's! Read a nice piece on a American trapping forum, a year or two ago, where a young lad who had moved here with his family!

He told how he was snarling fox's here, and was amazed at how big the fox's were, and how many there were compared to the US! He then showed pictures of his catches, and pics of the dried pelts!

I asked him how he was shipping them, and he told me that his father travels over and back to the US, and he took the pelts with him! At the time he said he was fetching up to 50 euro a pelt!

Not a bad little earner for a young lad!?

i thought the us reds looked scruffy compared to some of our reds. but i have not seen one in the flesh. russia and other european country's have nice fox but im proud of our old red i have had some cracking ones.

shame the markets a bit of a mess, its a gamble sending stuff... but 50 euro if i could get that for good reds i would be happy being that young lad.

i looked at good prices but its like the other guys said it competing with condition on a global scale.. poorer pelts fetch next to nothing and our good ones might not be as good as some others.. it seems like a buyers market at the moment.