• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a day of fishing yesterday on a large stillwater that hasn't really been coarse fished much before. I targeted perch with a variety of soft lures and ended with four, the biggest was 3lb 8 ozs a

Pic of pic not the best quality

Posted Images

Great fish jd, have you lost £50 then £30 of grubs, now that is a lot of lures, i personally like curly tail grubs but my favourite has to be kopyto's in yellow or white depending on the colour of the water i am fishing, AGM do these type of lures pretty cheap, worth a look on their site, good luck and hope you get your 4lber. :thumbs:

• Like 2

My pb perch was 3.5lb from tricklebrook will carping ,it took lump of luncheon meat of all things. Was outgunned on the 3lb test curve rod though. The best session for them was at coghurst hall .my and a mate were holding a live bait on the surface amongst the bushes and the perch were hitting them like little marlins ,leaping out the water and making slurping noises like a carp.we had ten between 2and3lb.

• Like 5

Great fish jd, have you lost £50 then £30 of grubs, now that is a lot of lures, i personally like curly tail grubs but my favourite has to be kopyto's in yellow or white depending on the colour of the water i am fishing, AGM do these type of lures pretty cheap, worth a look on their site, good luck and hope you get your 4lber. :thumbs:

If you like curly tail grubs have a look at the orca twister tails and orca mermaids at agm , they are the lures ive usually got on if i dont have a yellow or white kopyto on

• Like 1

I have seen these neil and do like the look of them but just wasn't sure, i will be getting a few of them now to take swimming, thanks. :thumbs: ps, do you use a jig head with them or do you drop shot, i prefer jig head's, but that is just me, i have done a bit of drop shotting.

I have seen these neil and do like the look of them but just wasn't sure, i will be getting a few of them now to take swimming, thanks. :thumbs: ps, do you use a jig head with them or do you drop shot, i prefer jig head's, but that is just me, i have done a bit of drop shotting.

I use jig heads with them , usually in the 0.5 to 3.5 gram range . The white glitter and the chartreuse glitter ones are what I use mainly but all the colours catch . I don't bother with dropshotting because I find it a bit dull even though it does work . Some other agm lures I use are bass asassin and their own curly tail grubs and some of the 1.5inch hrt carp crankbaits in roach , crucian and perch pattern . They are only cheap but I've had a lot of perch and pike on them . Lure world is another good shop , especially for kopytos and they also do the gloog hektor crankbaits as well which are good for perch

Edited by neil r
  • Like 1

Neil have you had a look at mark houghton lures, i had a few and then he done a competition and fcuk me, i won haha, so a set of more custom lures from him, but he does some great looking lures, that do catch pike and perch and probably more, cheer's. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Neil have you had a look at mark houghton lures, i had a few and then he done a competition and fcuk me, i won haha, so a set of more custom lures from him, but he does some great looking lures, that do catch pike and perch and probably more, cheer's. :thumbs:

Quality lures and not dear either . Where was the competition , on his blog or the las forum . Ive got some of his crank n beans and had a fair few jacks off the top with them aswell as perch when ive fished them sub surface. I got a result at the prince albert show yesterday, £4 for two bagley bang o lure #1,s and three 1,5/8ths rebel minnows all bnib. They should be spot on for perch on the canal

• Like 1

Yes mate.....I have also got some of the AGM lures to try....I've now got ALOT of perch lures ....lol...we will see if I can't catch a real good 'un. The stillwater is dropping about 5 foot a week so hopefully I will be able to rescue some of the snagged lures again!! lol Upgraded to 13lb braid with a 9lb FC bottom and got out of more snags this time...

• Like 1

Stronger tackle for snaggy spot's, has to be done, good luck jd and hope you get some of them lures back aswell as your 4, neil the comp was a facebook comp, but he does some great lures, i just don't know how you remember all the names of them, but usually i have a look and it's " oh them one's" haha, prince albert member, you have to sacrifice your first born to get on their water's, i heard :laugh: long waiting list, but i should just put my name down as nothing to loose,when the time comes, well it's my choice then. :thumbs:

Stronger tackle for snaggy spot's, has to be done, good luck jd and hope you get some of them lures back aswell as your 4, neil the comp was a facebook comp, but he does some great lures, i just don't know how you remember all the names of them, but usually i have a look and it's " oh them one's" haha, prince albert member, you have to sacrifice your first born to get on their water's, i heard :laugh: long waiting list, but i should just put my name down as nothing to loose,when the time comes, well it's my choice then. :thumbs:

Its not that hard to get in paas and dont let the waiting list put you off , it was only just over a year for me and i think walshie0988 off here was something similar . For the money its well worth joining for the amount of waters they have , from the welsh wye to the liddle in the scottish borders and most of the major rivers and tributaries in between aswell as the stillwaters. As for remembering lure names , im a bit ocd with them , ive got loads and i can tell you what they all weigh aswell . Which ones did you win in the comp , I do like his lures and the amount of colours he offers and the finish is hard as nails aswell

• Like 1