New Perm... Not My Hair.

So. This post is at a new permission I have recently secured. Most of my current shooting land is a good 30 min drive and I was in need some something a little closer to home to shoot my targets. With no expectation of luck, I went about it the old way and wrote a letter to a selected location of farms and decent land I had noticed while walking, driving and being about whenever.

With a good 10 or so farms picked, I wrote my letter and included references from my current permissions. Out of the 6 I sent out, I'm saving the others for another time, 2 replies. The first one was an email saying they can offer me permission, just not yet. The second was a call on Tuesday evening from thee most 'down with the kids toff' I've every come across.

An absolute diamond. After a chit chat about me and him, we turned on to the point at matter. "So, james, I understand your looking for a place to shoot your targets... I can offer that no problem, no problem at all, I have a field where my horses are kept, there not there at the moment and won't be for the foreseeable future (he has three large fields) so you can set yourself up in that field... On one condition... I have a big issue with the f***ing rabbits in my field digging holes, are you happy to shoot rabbits james? Well George, I can do but I'm only really interested in my targets, but I'll see what I can do.

We arranged to meet this morning for a walk round and for me to show him my rifles. Turn up. Gorgeous house. Like them you seen in country file. Turns out we get out like a house on fire. I say I'll be back Sunday morning to see what I can do about these rabbits. I decide to give it a go this afternoon instead and we'd agreed I'd just wing him a texty when I plan on going. Text sent. Reply... "Cool".

I take my 100 for rabbit bashing, knowing it's perfect to impress. After all he's asked me to do a job. I also take my pro sport for some target shooting afterwards.

On our intail walk round I eye some super places to put up shop near some warrens, I have to say now that the bloody field just moves with rabbits as you walk through it. "f***ing rabbits, there's bloody one old chap, that's lunch!" He was saying as we pondered on.

So I set up near the warrens. Drop 3. Decide to have a wander round through an apple and pear orchard he also has in the field. The 100 really did its job at all distances out to 53 yards, my furthest shot. What a rifle. Surgically accurate. After literally stalking forward, seeing two or three and dropping them on afte another, shooting rabbits almost got boring toward the end. I shot 18 at the end of the day, and gave him 10 for a BBQ he has coming up. I kept 8.

"Good going old boy, good going! And there all headshot!" I have a mate just down the road with a problem with these little fuckers... I'll pass on your number." Cheers George I say.

Then I begin shooting my targets... The best bit of the day :D

Images show the extent of my new perm. A good day.

post-94709-0-42470600-1433019632_thumb.jpg

post-94709-0-94191200-1433019654_thumb.jpg

post-94709-0-41067900-1433019671_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

You get out what you put in hey? Worth sending letters on the hope of something coming of it,sounds like you've met a decent bloke and have the beginnings of a good perm(or two!?) Good bag and got your session on targets,nice.

Did you go scrumping in the orchard as well??

• Like 1

You get out what you put in hey? Worth sending letters on the hope of something coming of it,sounds like you've met a decent bloke and have the beginnings of a good perm(or two!?) Good bag and got your session on targets,nice.

Did you go scrumping in the orchard as well??

No mate. No apples whatsoever. I asked why and was informed that they've already been and gone, awaiting the next flowering.

What can I do with apples and rabbits?! Do they even go? Rabbits loins and a cider saurce... Or jus whatever that is.