WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE?

Guest deerman

Guest deerman

Right lads , got about 10 to 13 grand to spend on a 4x4 ( not well off just saved my nuts off)

What would you have , the more i look into different 4x4 the more i get confused :wallbash:

Was thinking of a Toyota Hilux ,not too bad on fuel, relible ,will be doing a bit of off roading not lots,

and i can take family in it ( 6 of us) plus dogs out of way in back so mrs can moan about smell. lol

do you think i would be far off mark with a Hilux?

DM

ok mate, but after reading on here about the engine going at 100000 putme off a bit,

apart from that how do they rate against Hilux ref off road,fuel etc

i have a hilux and i find them exceptional on and off road .comfortable smooth drive .also ford rangers xltd are pretty nice drive and a lot cheaper than the hilux

the older hiluxes are crap in wet weather my dad spun his alot on road :eek:

I think you will find all pickups are the same in wet weather more or less...

Deerman its all down to personal choice, take the plunge, follow your heart :)

ok mate, but after reading on here about the engine going at 100000 putme off a bit,

apart from that how do they rate against Hilux ref off road,fuel etc

I know mate and I for one shit myself about all the scare stories! after reading into it and doing a bit more homework it seems they're not much different the other Motors that blow their top, I think it all comes down to how you drive them and care for them, my Nav D22 has now done 98,000 and still sweet as a nut! I'll hang onto it until there's enough spare cash for a Outlaw.

When you look at the figures the Navara comes back with a slightly better MPG, it also has a bit more grunt and the newer Outlaw looks the business compared to the others, it has a real pitbullish look about it.....

GET A LANDCRUISER MATE COMFORTABLE PLENTY OF GRUNT AND A MANUAL WILL GIVE 30-31 MPG GOOD OFFROAD WITH THE RIGHT TYRES AND LOADS OF ROOM FOR BRAT PACK AND VERY VERY RELIABLE

I've got a Landcruiser Colorado as well - 7 seats, brilliant on and off road, very, very reliable and will go round corners unlike a pickup. Other options might be a LWB Shogun with the fold-up seats in the back

One thing about buying a toyota deerman, you will be buying a bombproof motor, total reliability, them along with honda have a superb record for doing the business, day in day out regardless....Also if you look at depreciation, I know thats not a factor in a vehicles choice, but you will get less of it with a hilux, than other makes....go for it...

Right lads , got about 10 to 13 grand to spend on a 4x4 ( not well off just saved my nuts off)

What would you have , the more i look into different 4x4 the more i get confused :wallbash:

Was thinking of a Toyota Hilux ,not too bad on fuel, relible ,will be doing a bit of off roading not lots,

and i can take family in it ( 6 of us) plus dogs out of way in back so mrs can moan about smell. lol

do you think i would be far off mark with a Hilux?

DM

iv had most 4x4s in my short spell on this planet. hilux very good for general work horse and road use also a very nice drive. same gos for land cruiser, not so good off road a bit light on the back end without 6 people in. defender different story.