• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck me for that price I would come out of retirement.   TC

A very good reason for that, all the good ones don't "need" to work on site to keep busy, they get a reputation and move onto their own work, or stay with a self build builder, life is a lot more laid

Im a bricky by trade and have a building and roofing business. I look for £1 a block and £400 for a 1000 bricks and that's labour only working on a building site. On a private job it depends on the

£20 - £30 per sq mtr you could supply the blocks as well and still make good money :thumbs:

Your on mate.its tricky if its all cuts.pointed both side.stepped footings.low walls.lots of or openings. All saw cuts .etc etc.its a difficult trade to get the price right.

• Like 2

Im a bricky by trade and have a building and roofing business.

I look for £1 a block and £400 for a 1000 bricks and that's labour only working on a building site.

On a private job it depends on the work that needs doing.

If there's some good runs with the odd window and doorway I take the good with bad and am happy working on a price.

If there is loads of windows, corners to build, profiles to set up and mainly level work with loads of setting out then I will only work for day rates.

There is just over 10 blocks to 1m2.

• Like 3