Dog Shitting On Table ......

But how can a dog know what dirty and what is clean , if it will actively go out and roll in fox shite or any filth crap it can find , would that not disgust it if it can tell the difference

My current lurcher was in the house for the first two years i had him, he'd had the run of the garden and house of the breeder, playing with his grandkids, he came "house trained" never did a thing, always let me know if he wanted to go out. He only once shit in the house, and he did it on the landing upstairs, the furthest point from his basket he could get at the time? I'm not saying he thought what he was doing was "dirty" but he knew it was wrong, his answer was to do it as far away from his personal space as possible i suppose? He's bad for rolling in shite, badger shite being his favourite, but if i lock him in the run he wont shit in there until he's desperate, only thing i can think is he just don't like soiling his own space?

Yeah I say most dogs are the same if they're allowed to be ,

The point I was making with pressure , is a dog will always move from a point of pressure, when it feels under pressure from owners , thunder fireworks whatever it is , it associates the very spot its standing in for causing the pressure ,

It cannot tell the difference between external and internal pressure , it's all just pressure to the mutt , so when it feels a bowel movement it feels pressure and it will move from that area where it first felt it, it will then investigate the cause of the pressure by smelling its own shite , the same way it will investigate a foreign object or if a stone is ever thrown at it , it will investigate the cause of the disturbance , it will smell the stone same as it smells its own crap ,it's its way of bringing itself back to neutral again , completing the circuit, externally and internally pressure had the same effect on a dog

A dog that shits out will look for a reference , a bush a clump of grass a tree a smell, up against a form of something , something that holds a value in the dogs mind, that's why I think the table holds some value either positive or negetive

Edited by Casso

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never thought a table shitting pup would make a 3 pager but there ya go,

She's thinking of your back Socks, no more bending down picking up crap.

I did tie her to it one time and beat her with a hose pipe for 20 minuets .... Do you think that could be it ??? ..........

I have seen various animals over the years which developed strange behaviour patterns , and mostly you could trace it back to an event which occurred and caused an association. For example, if your dog just happened to be standing on its back legs when you brought its dinner then it might think you brought e food BECAUSE it was on its back legs and so it would do so when it felt hungry. Or a dog which got a fright from say a gunshot just as it got into the car, might act scared every time it got into the car afterwards. I am not explaining this very well but you get my point. Psychologists call this Superstitious Behaviour. I reckon your pup has developed this habit as a superstitious reaction to something but you will probably never work out how exactly this happened!

The examples you've given make sense. But what could possibly have caused the dog to associate anything with shitting on a table?

i have absolutely no idea!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably to get her scent higher an further socks,

That's exactly what the pup is doing ... The pup is very primal ... She still takes a bit of her food and goes through the motions of burying it in the corner of the run ... She also tries to sit on top of the dogs at any chance she gets ... She isn't a dominant dog but is exhibiting signs of dominance ......

image.jpg2_10.jpg

I had one like that a while back: acted very submissive generally, but gradually creeping (literally) to where she wanted to be, whether that was where another dog was lying, or nearer another dog's food. Little by little she cajoled and crept her way to the extent that the other dogs just let her get on with it, but woe betide any that tried to stand up for themselves or their bed: horrible little bitch she was, but ever so obedient to me. I admit to heaving a sigh of relief when she finally ran into a wall and ended her campaign for world dominance.

• Like 1

What do ya think she would have ended up doing penny if she hadn't killed herself ,

Just a question ,do you think she would have bitten you or someone else because of her social climbing mentality?

Edited by Casso

She's a lovely looking bitch Ken. I really like her.

Hopefully it's just her quirks and doesn't evolve into anything problematic.

This pup of mine is a real character. Quirky, and a general pain in the arse. But it keeps me on my toes. The older bitch is very "vanilla". Almost has no personality, never seems happy nor sad, and never moves from the lying position. She is just a very bland easy going bitch. Easy to live with but boring to have around. Lol.

I know which I would prefer given the choice ?

I know what you mean gaz about boring dogs ... They are just there ... It won't turn into a problem I will keep a close eye on her and nip anything in the bud quickly ... The bonus is she is very intelligent and very eager to please so I don't have a problem correcting anything undesirable she does .........

• Like 1

What do ya think she would have ended up doing penny if she hadn't killed herself ,

Just a question ,do you think she would have bitten you or someone else because of her social climbing mentality?

No, she wasn't 'wrong' in any way towards people, quite the opposite. Ultra obedient, affectionate, cuddly even. Very clever, knew which side her bread was buttered, but with a temper on her you wouldn't believe when it came to other dogs. Everything had to be on her terms: she was very rough in her play even as a pup, but the moment a dog got rough with her in return she flipped and the red mist came down and she acted outraged and trashed the other dog. Not so much that there were bits of dog flying through the air, it was controlled to the extent that it was a lot of noise, snarling, wet scruffs but hardly any punctures. The crazy thing was that the other dogs only retaliated as much as they needed to in order to defend themselves, and were ultra happy to defer to me when I waded in to stop the battle. They knew and abided by the pack rules. Even Schuck, the slightly aloof and feral Airedale lurcher backed when she could have easily killed this bitch. It was as though they all realised this bitch wasn't quite 'normal' in some way. She was kind of autistic in some way regarding normal pack behaviour; like she wanted to be part of the pack, but couldn't either read the situation correctly or didn't want to get with the gang. You never knew how she was going to behave because one minute she would be happy and fine, and the next she had flipped over something as simple as one of the others running up to her to play in a growly happy way: like she couldn't read their intentions properly.