Pup Come Across Some Strange Cat On The Beach

Went visiting family in Crosby in the N-West so decided to take the pup the beach to stretch his legs. The pup turned 8 months old yesterday, where the fook does time go.

Pup met plenty of people and other dogs along the way and was laid back with them all, until he come to this strange cat on the beach. Ears went back and he couldn't figure it out lol.

Few pics from today

20150421_144457_zpsbpbg4abk.jpg

20150421_162214_zps02iqhiq2.jpg

20150421_162135_zpsqyfhonyi.jpg

20150421_144559_zpszbwxluti.jpg

20150421_151400_zps8lpastd0.jpg

20150421_151534%201_zpsqxmof67i.jpg

20150421_151839_zps1vhn1rut.jpg

20150421_151837_zps68tb6ins.jpg

20150421_151831_zpsmsedhzzw.jpg

20150421_145231%201_zpsxfk8ltvj.jpg

• Like 9

What the feck are they all about,,,,there's some wired modern art in this country,,,nearly as bad as that angel of the north in Geordie land,,,,great big rusty monstrosity ....

• Like 3

No rabbits left on Formby anyway, between desiese and the 'improvement' (sterilisation!) of the land, where you once could take fifty, you'd be lucky to get five.

Nice pics Flipbull. ;)

It's not just the dunes that's barren, I don't know about round yours but here's pretty much f****d and not getting any better. I killed a myxi this morning
  • Like 1

Pup caught 2 up there a month ago and haven't been back since. Still plenty of Codling about at Crosby though. Not a bad size tide tonight either and the Lyrid meteor shower peaks tonight to, so something to look out for if I am not catching fook all. Taking the dog might be a pain in the arse though, some old lady always turns up and feeds some wild cats and the foxes but she is lovely, she always passes me over some toffees and I have forgot tea bags before now and she has gone home and got me some. So could do without any sort of accident.

What the feck are they all about,,,,there's some wired modern art in this country,,,nearly as bad as that angel of the north in Geordie land,,,,great big rusty monstrosity ....

Same guy tomo.....Antony Gormley......you not a fan then?

Before i went down to look at them, i thought those statues were a load of 'ol shite.

So i picked a real early summer morning and went down there, gotta say there was sommat about em i really liked. We, as a family go quite regular now and i really appreciate the statues and see them for what they are in the place they are in...

So don't be a philistine Tomo and get over here for a look... I'll put the kettle on. ;)

No rabbits left on Formby anyway, between desiese and the 'improvement' (sterilisation!) of the land, where you once could take fifty, you'd be lucky to get five.

Nice pics Flipbull. ;)

I walked miles of those Formby sand dunes, found the odd one to mess about with? Is there the odd hare in edge the dunes there too I thught i saw some sign of them.

Edited by Tozer

Gnipper/ Tozer, the Formby dunes were decimated by RVHD. Mixi has always been about but never really made any difference to numbers. I remember about 25 years ago over on Cabin Hill, near the rifle range, the rangers (propper back then!) were shooting a couple of hundred a night (as well as us lamping it!) for a couple of weeks and gave up, telling me that they felt like they hardly made a dent in the population!

Then boom, almost overnight they vanished, never to recover and those exciting nights with big numbers were gone...!

Same with the small pockets all round here, all are on a constant decline, even in places they cant be hunted... Ain't mixi, thats been here since the 50's.

My bet is that RVHD was put deliberatley on those dunes, by the new crop of rangers and it happened just as the Formby dunes were 'sterilised' for a public invasion. Cleaned up, new pathways, plantations and wire fencing. They think they made it better but it's a wildlife desert now..!!!