A Little Old Style Russell Pic.

Great stuff, love an old fashioned Russell and there's some crackers up here.

I put a thred up about them a couple of years back and most pic's that were put up were bleedin show stoppers, Cruft's finest and the like.... Nah, we dont want to see them on here, lets stick to the above, they are great to see :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw this old girl on a farm ive been working on. i used to own terriers like this decades ago. so had to take a pic   not many like her around now

Jim

my first terriers she was a out and out bayer but dig to her every day turn her hand to anything mark rabbits ferret with her shoot duck off the rivers she would fetch them out good bitch and i was on

Posted Images

Few more pics of tess good little worker and a lovely little dog really nice natured. Good ferreting to for marking though she did like to work at a distance :whistling:

17189674202_93dcd43a1f.jpg

17003792110_9d60737128.jpg

17190729731_ac587ec456.jpg

Then there was little rip bless him. Cute as any thing but scared of the dark so my uncle had him as a pet

16983890027_9f562c5604.jpg

Then my old jr moses he really was special I am all ways sticking pics of him up sorry :) He all ways wanted to show the big dogs who was boss as in this picture luckily for him that lurcher was a gentle giant with dogs any way

17191303755_cbf9d8e0d0.jpg

• Like 5

Some of what I know as old fashioned Russells, were probably Sealyham blood in various percentages. Russell bred dogs 'up on the Leg' for running with Hounds. I suspect digging fellas maintained some Sealyham to keep the height down and working ability. The shortness in the back coming from the Russell side. All hypothetical, just what I think about some of these 'Old fashioned Russells'. The ones I saw being used as a youngster and some I had were certainly like some of the Sealyham Russells you see in some Yards now. There were some with a bit of length to them. I could be totally wrong.....lol.

what use are they running with hounds?

Some of what I know as old fashioned Russells, were probably Sealyham blood in various percentages. Russell bred dogs 'up on the Leg' for running with Hounds. I suspect digging fellas maintained some Sealyham to keep the height down and working ability. The shortness in the back coming from the Russell side. All hypothetical, just what I think about some of these 'Old fashioned Russells'. The ones I saw being used as a youngster and some I had were certainly like some of the Sealyham Russells you see in some Yards now. There were some with a bit of length to them. I could be totally wrong.....lol.

what use are they running with hounds?

think its as in following hounds over the land on foot ,couple 2 together and away ya go,then your there with the hounds when needed :yes: