On Line Photography Courses

has anyone gone on one of these courses and ifso how did you find it. ? ive been looking at one from the Shaw Academy so would be interested in your thoughts cheers cs.

anything you need to know can be found on utube for free,

I've been trying to search for photography courses lately, only ones I think I would do are the likes of night classes at college type of thing but only ones I can find are weekdays when I'm working :(

I've found photographers offering day courses with them but some of the prices are quite steep...

I think I'm just gonna stick at getting out with my camera and practicing, learning as I go, reading up and asking for advice on here from more experienced people, the likes of jd and omanyra, I know Omanyra has mentioned a presentation/talk he is doing in the future at a local wildlife reserve so I'll be attending that to hear his words of wisdom and hopefully pick up some hints and tips ;)

• Like 1

Paulus is right, There is a lot of info on YouTube some really good info too, I was on just the other night..

I've done a couple of local courses years ago helped a bit mainly on the technical side, which, I still done fully understand

I've done a number of presentations on wildife photography and at them I do give an insight into how I managed to get some of the images, which from feedback has helped some people at the presentaion

I've been on some really useful presentations too, which has helped

Go for it cleanspade try a course, is there nothing locally at night classes or college

i have took the course on now. its a five week course twice weekly. priced at £849. but i got it for next to nothing on groupon. :D i will let you know how it works out. i go on youtube now and then its a great way of learning in your own time at your own pace..i need a crawling pace lol

• Like 2

i have took the course on now. its a five week course twice weekly. priced at £849. but i got it for next to nothing on groupon. :D i will let you know how it works out. i go on youtube now and then its a great way of learning in your own time at your own pace..i need a crawling pace lol

You could buy a good lens or camera with that, join a Camera club you'll get all the practical advice you need from more advanced members. Best way is to get out with the camera and learn as you go. Good luck.

• Like 2

i'm out and about with a camera undisputed. and playing around with it . i have been doing for a while now. this course is just to give me an idea as to what i am doing right /or wrong. and to hopefully give me a better idea as to where i am at the moment. and what i need to work on. i could never of justified this course at he full price but for 20 quid. its worth a look. :thumbs: . as for camera clubs. ive often thought about this but i'm not great in group scenario's and dont think i would fit in well with your average camera club crowd. although i wont rule it out. and could well be wrong on this.

• Like 2

Cleanspade this course your doing does it cater for complete beginners or do you need to know the basics already ?

ive been looking for something like that gnash myself and advice on the right camera to buy to suit me .i came up with ark and any one talk technical they just as well speak in tongues to me

• Like 1

To be honest, there's enough experienced people on this forum to help any beginner. Sure, when you're talking about flash speed and all that then things get complicated. BUT,. the rules of photography are simple. There's only three things to concern a beginner and all three are related to the central force of 'available light'.

Depth of field (f)

ISO

Shutter speed...

Nothing else should be of concern to the beginner....or anyone for that matter.

If anyone is unsure about something, just put a post up and I'm sure everyone here will try their best.

• Like 4

yes it does cater for the begginer gnash. and i agree that there is more than enough experience on here to learn what you need and beyond. :thumbs: its a great hobby and draws you in. and remember most dslr camera,s have numerous auto and semi auto point and shoot modes so are as easy to use as a compact. they just have the advantage of taking things a little further technically or artistically. if you feel you would like to. :yes: . i would advise anyone interested to give it a go :D

• Like 2

What i know about cameras and photography you could write on a stamp but i often look at pictures on here and think " i wish i could do that " :D .....then to top it off i had an evening stroll a few days ago and saw a barn owl hovvering close by and was frantically getting my iphone out to take a picture :icon_redface:

Darcy has lost me already.....whats a shutter for ? and what is ISO :laugh: ......i like the idea of a basic course i hate learning from reading books....we,ll have to get on the case Brookie.

• Like 2

I did a photography course at the Camden Working Mans College long before digital :-) & loved it.......I would recommend a course to anyone who's really interested......it would be a bit more involved than having to come on here every time you had a query.....

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots of easy to follow tutorials on youtube Gnash ISO relates to your camera's sensitivity to light and how long your shutter takes to open and close, your shutter covers the lens and you can hear it open and close whenever you take a photo. Depth of field relates to how much of the background in a picture is in focus

• Like 1