Good luck Dave to you and Trish hope it all goes well for you mate,

Now to fit in you have to learn to speak with no vowels whilst spitting all over people.... :D

• Like 4

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep it about the new house/garden please and less about the love life...??

Well done mate .... Just don't go upsetting the locals or you will come home to a real fire lol .......

Good luck Dave to you and Trish hope it all goes well for you mate, Now to fit in you have to learn to speak with no vowels whilst spitting all over people....

Posted Images

Good luck Dave to you and Trish hope it all goes well for you mate,

Now to fit in you have to learn to speak with no vowels whilst spitting all over people.... :D

Hey we got more vowels than you lot: A E I O U Y W.. :tongue2:

Just a tad overgrown until mrs w gets her machete out. :yes:

Keep it about the new house/garden please and less about the love life...??

• Like 4

Got to love this can-do attitude they have out here. Didn't get one BT guy turn up this morning, I got two! One was in a transit and the other in a mobile cherry picker. 5 minutes at the house and off they went and found a cable about 1/2 mile away that had been gnawed by squirrels. Did they mend it? No, they replaced the whole length of cable between the two poles.

If that had been in London they'd still be looking for somewhere to park. :laugh:

Don't get used to it mate, we have whats known as the "Pembrokeshire Promise" in these parts.. :D

Is he in Pembs or Ceredigion?.

He's in Ceredigion

..but chuck a stone far enough and he could also be in Pembs or Carmarthenshire. :laugh:

I knew it was going to be bloody close either way :laugh: ,,Tell you what though Malt i can't wait for the "Walshie goes out on a coracle" thread as they make and sail them not far from him and there not s easy as those local boys make it look i can tell you .. :icon_redface: .

• Like 1

Got to love this can-do attitude they have out here. Didn't get one BT guy turn up this morning, I got two! One was in a transit and the other in a mobile cherry picker. 5 minutes at the house and off they went and found a cable about 1/2 mile away that had been gnawed by squirrels. Did they mend it? No, they replaced the whole length of cable between the two poles.

If that had been in London they'd still be looking for somewhere to park. :laugh:

Don't get used to it mate, we have whats known as the "Pembrokeshire Promise" in these parts.. :D

Is he in Pembs or Ceredigion?.

He's in Ceredigion

..but chuck a stone far enough and he could also be in Pembs or Carmarthenshire. :laugh:

I knew it was going to be bloody close either way :laugh: ,,Tell you what though Malt i can't wait for the "Walshie goes out on a coracle" thread as they make and sail them not far from him and there not s easy as those local boys make it look i can tell you .. :icon_redface: .
:laugh: He'll be OK until he ends up here! :D

20150216_1434440.jpg

Got a few sheep on my land now to keep the grass down. Food and romance rolled into one. :laugh:

Mind you the ram looks a nasty b*****d. :icon_eek: Think I'll give him a swerve unless I'm heavily armed.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing my forestry bit today and deep in the bushes I saw what looked like an old car. I was quietly hoping it would be a near mint Ferrari 250 GTO, so I got hacking at the bushes and brambles.

It wasn't. :cray: It was 2 minis that had each been cut in half for some reason. I'm just checking the "wanted" section to see if anyone wants half a mini, or 4 halves even better. :laugh:

Doing my forestry bit today and deep in the bushes I saw what looked like an old car. I was quietly hoping it would be a near mint Ferrari 250 GTO, so I got hacking at the bushes and brambles.

It wasn't. :cray: It was 2 minis that had each been cut in half for some reason. I'm just checking the "wanted" section to see if anyone wants half a mini, or 4 halves even better. :laugh:

Get them weighed in, cars are only around 50 to 80 per tonne ATM tho and a mini isnt the biggest heaviest of cars, but a few quids better than no quid or like you said find someone into minis who might need them and will Probally pay out enter than a scrap yard Edited by CushtyJook

There's a scrap yard down his sort of wayish that is run by these women :whistling: ,i say these women but that's hear say as i couldn't tell the difference when i went there a few times and you didn't want to argue prices with them either :laugh: ,prices were allways shite that way and they only picked up in Pembroke dock and that's miles away from his field, i will ask a pal that way where the yard is Walshie if you want but don't expect ferrari money for your scrap :thumbs: ..

• Like 2

There's a scrap yard down his sort of wayish that is run by these women :whistling: ,i say these women but that's hear say as i couldn't tell the difference when i went there a few times and you didn't want to argue prices with them either :laugh: ,prices were allways shite that way and they only picked up in Pembroke dock and that's miles away from his field, i will ask a pal that way where the yard is Walshie if you want but don't expect ferrari money for your scrap :thumbs: ..

Tanygroes car dismantlers in Cardigan is probably the closest one to him isn't it? :hmm:

Tanygroes car dismantlers in Cardigan is probably the closest one to him isn't it? :hmm:

Thats what I was thinking, unless there are smaller ones scattered about? But Tanygroes is the largest around that area.

Tanygroes = think of a number and double it if buying, think of a number and half it if selling. :laugh:

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1