Traditional Long Netting

used to use the traditional but now use the quick sets in baskets, a lot quicker.

The basket system may be marginally quicker, but traditional is a lot quieter and catches more rabbits. It's not speed that catches rabbits. I have yet to see anyone who can set a quickset faster than a rabbit can run. :thumbs:

TC

• Like 4

used to use the traditional but now use the quick sets in baskets, a lot quicker.

The basket system may be marginally quicker, but traditional is a lot quieter and catches more rabbits. It's not speed that catches rabbits. I have yet to see anyone who can set a quickset faster than a rabbit can run. :thumbs:

TC

Reading that I think I say with the traditional way. I'm not going to fix something that's not broken.

• Like 1

I use both methods,...Traditional and the Basket and if another way ever turns up,..I'll be on it in a flash :yes:

I have found over the years,...that the best way to catch rabbits, is to be versatile and adaptable,.that feck's em :laugh:

All the best, and good netting... :thumbs:

I use both methods,...Traditional and the Basket and if another way ever turns up,..I'll be on it in a flash :yes:

I have found over the years,...that the best way to catch rabbits, is to be versatile and adaptable,.that feck's em :laugh:

All the best, and good netting... :thumbs:

there is another, the dropnet

• Like 2

I've used the traditional method but adapted i.e. used in daytime for bushing out rabbits into from flooded ground. Long time ago though and a communal affair so somebody else's nets. Lots of fun.

:laugh:@~ Smithie,....as you must know,...there is nothing new about drop nets,..nor some of the other gadget Maester's weird and wonderful playthings...but, in my opinion,.. for sheer practicality,...especially when weaving in and out of trees and brush in woodland ,..nothing much beats, a nice,.. 'off the end pins',..traditional long net.. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3