Porcupine killed by hunt terriers?

dug them out in italy had some good fun with them. very dangerous above ground but piss below ground. have to see if i still got pictures. 9 times out of ten they were bald by the time we got to them from shooting spikes at the dogs. one ever had one accident with them when i had to pull aquill out of his nose. some of the buggers grew to the size of baddgers.

i heard this from a guy i know well who works close to where its supposed to have happened. Anyone else heard anything similar?

yes its true . have you seen the pic ?

No, some of my permission is near there so thats how i heard about it. Was it above or below ground? i wonder where it came from :hmm:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

There's a, now, rather dated little book called " The Unnatural Wildlife of Britain ". It covers the stories of all the hows and wheres of weird creatures being released pr escaping and surviving for a worth while time. I haven't read it for decades now, but it definately said in there that we'd had some porcupines. They got into some forestry, somehow or other, and did alright for a bit. I can't remember if they were deliberately erradicated or just couldn't hack the winters? But ye don't get winters like those any more.

Perfectly feasable that some more have got out then and .....

a couple of years ago i was stalking in dumfries and as i cleared a ride i saw what i thought was a white faced fox .just a glance as it went over a grass knoll . i ran straight over and lost sight of it so after 5 mins of looking under the conifers i glanced up into some larches and there it was it was the size of a large cat ,fox like features and a big bushy tail .but the odd thing was it climed very slowly almost like a bear .any way phoned the head stalker up and told him id treed a foxybadger {my words at the time} his reply was to shoot it .

any way i didnt and convinced him to come and have a look.i took loads of photos and after a bit of research decided it was a western red panda obviously an escapee ,so i just left it to its own devices only later thinking the poor sod probably staved or froze to death havent heard of any other sightings im now going to go and find the photos so i can try to post them for your comments .ps the stalker is a well known level2 assessor and owner of an online stalking accesories shop . hes the proof cheers nemo

im very friendly with the kennel/huntsman

put to ground

terrierman enters terrier to controll foxes for the game birds and out bolted porcupine into nett they then humanly dispatched it and reentered terrier and dug a fox out of same earth.

was told it spiked a few and there was a few swallen hands after the experiance

Edited by HUNTSMAN270