A Most Enjoyable Morning In The Wood

Well the idea came in to my head last night after seeing the weather forecast. Lovely day predicted so up early and after some woodies.

6.30 and I'm out of the door and on my way to the permission. I got there and could see a maggie sat in the thick of some branches and twigs. I thought he was safe and he probably thought the same............. We both thought wrong, I could just see a route through the twigs and let the crosman premier go.... bang, down he came stone dead. Always nice to bag a bandit. Straight away I spotted a squirrel I hadn't seen on my arrival and as he gave his position away he joined to magpie on the floor

I sat and waited for a while and 4 pigeons landed in the top of the tree, carefully placed the crosshairs on the nearest one and he just folded up and hit the floor, stone cold dead !!! 2 of the others took flight but one stayed and looked very edgey as he sat looking around with his neck stretched out. He should of gone with his mates as he joined the fallen pigeon on the floor too. I collected these and placed them with the other quarry in my game bag.

I decided on a short stroll along the lane and 6 or 7 jays were mobbing a crow. I crept behind a holly bush and waited for a clear shot at one. About 3 or 4 mins passed until I got an opportunity to take a shot at one and fluffed it !!! Sending the pellet straight over its head. Gutted with myself for the miss I held my position and waited as they could be heard screaching round the woods. I hadn't long to wait as one came and landed in the very next tree to me. No mistake this time and down he came to join the others in the game bag.

07AA69A5-B8B2-4532-9865-FC325B508137.jpg

A very good morning was enjoyed and then home for cheese on toast and a cuppa

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...