Hw 97

for me pcp for pests and springers for pleasure ;)

Nice point. Imagine, and I don't mean you treekeeper, springer for pests...

Imagine being that good at shooting. Again, not you.

A true art. The art of the 97. It's all there, who's good enough?!

The Carl Fampton fight was a joke, so I'm drinking brandy with the mrs. Again, spelling is taken care of. Auto.

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow wow wooo waaaa What's all this 97 tractor?? Pcp Bentley?? Be Jesus has the world gone mad? I will put my pretty much standard 97 just properly polished and lubed correctly against any pcp

once you master a 97 you can shoot any thing   only one way to be good with a springer   practice. practice, practice then when you think your good enough practice , practice , practice,,, s

I dont think we do, but you have a point. I like the nudge and the personality of a well tuned springer. If it was lifeless like a pcp, [within reason, some pcp's are great as we all know], then it wo

one way a spring gun has an advantage over pcp is full power with a light pellet .also if you drag yourself of into the middle of no where and there is not much to shoot or you feel like shooting at targets you do not have to have a pump or a big metal bottle in your pocket .

• Like 1

Well a great debate lads and i do hear and feel the passion of the springer shooters ( i`ve shot springers for 45 years).

Billy shoots with a springer, but Johnny gets more game with his pcp has been said.

"Does it matter" ? - Results is what we all crave for in my book.

I know the echo of HW 100 is not liked by some but i tell you this,- when you mix 45 years of "field craft" with a HW 100 (or similar) the combination has proven to be lethal for small game and vermin.

Sorry to say that there is no looking back for me - pcp all the way but (respectfully) i am still undecided as to which springer i want as back up to my two 100`s.

Each to their own i suppose but fieldcraft needs mentioning more than it does.

atb

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 2

Well a great debate lads and i do hear and feel the passion of the springer shooters ( i`ve shot springers for 45 years).

Billy shoots with a springer, but Johnny gets more game with his pcp has been said.

"Does it matter" ? - Results is what we all crave for in my book.

I know the echo of HW 100 is not liked by some but i tell you this,- when you mix 45 years of "field craft" with a HW 100 (or similar) the combination has proven to be lethal for small game and vermin.

Sorry to say that there is no looking back for me - pcp all the way but (respectfully) i am still undecided as to which springer i want as back up to my two 100`s.

Each to their own i suppose but fieldcraft needs mentioning more than it does.

atb

I kind of agree Mark. I sold off my HW100 to finance some springer projects, but i will definitely get one again.

• Like 1

in all honesty ive seen lads with springers do outstanding shooting ,way out of my league ,i havnt shot a springer much at all for years ,great respect to the lads who hunt & shoot with them , i may cause a bit of controversy here but in my opinion springer shooters are better than pcp :icon_eek: although as i said my freezers full of food with my rapid :whistling:

• Like 2

Stripped 97 down again after trigger would not operate .after refurb I could not get safety catch to work it would go back in rifle ok but when I cocked rifle the safety would shoot out.this happened six times so I was getting fed up with stripping the damn thing . So when it shot out sixth time I could not find spring so I made one and put it back together .worked great then it just all locked up . On stripping it down again I found safety spring was wedged in trigger the spring hadn't shot out as I had thought .anyway it's all back together now and working ok . Over the weekend I will fire as many pellets through it as I can hope you guys didn't take my comments earlier to seriously .