Lurcher Hit Something

I don't think the vet would stitch that now. Prob could have done with one or two straight away, just so it heals quicker but it will heal if kept clean. Have you tried manuka honey before? My vet swears by it and I'm inclined to agree with him!

• Like 1

I don't think the vet would stitch that now. Prob could have done with one or two straight away, just so it heals quicker but it will heal if kept clean. Have you tried manuka honey before? My vet swears by it and I'm inclined to agree with him!

Nope, just told him to give it some purple spray which he's done and obviously the dogs been keeping it clean too. He said he's just going to leave it to heal now.

Nope, just told him to give it some purple spray which he's done and obviously the dogs been keeping it clean too. He said he's just going to leave it to heal now.
Yes it should be fine, like I said as long as it's clean there shouldn't be a problem. Nothing wrong with the purple spray, I'd just tell him to try the manuka honey though and see what he thinks. One of mine tore it's belly open on some barbed wire so after it was stitched back together, I tried the honey. I was very surprised how fast it healed! I also agree with slip lead about getting the joints checked but u might be better off going to a bone man for that rather than the vet because in my experience they are a lot better and a lot cheaper too!!

The next time this happens try washing out with hibicrub to clean then staple it back together you can buy the staple guns from the countrymans weekly £15. i then give the dogs a covering jab of antibiotics which you can get a bottle from most vets for around £15 FARM VETS ARE THE BEST FOR THIS.

I like to keep a first aid box ready in case if you have running dogs its going to happen atb phil

The next time this happens try washing out with hibicrub to clean then staple it back together you can buy the staple guns from the countrymans weekly £15. i then give the dogs a covering jab of antibiotics which you can get a bottle from most vets for around £15 FARM VETS ARE THE BEST FOR THIS.

I like to keep a first aid box ready in case if you have running dogs its going to happen atb phil

Jabbing a dog because its had a little tear is counter productive and very seldom needed,modern folklore.

• Like 2