Lurcher Fractions

I'm just curious to what percentage my lurcher pup is. Parents were 3/4 whippet 1/8 collie 1/8 greyhound x 3/4 greyhound 1/4 labrador. Iknow theirs an 1/8 lab and 1/16 collie but unsure of the whippet and greyhound in mix apart from just over 3/4 running dog.I'm usually clued up on this but it's a bit of a tricky one thanks if anybodycan help.

I think it's 3/8 whippet 7/16 greyhound or, to put it another way...

6/16 whippet, 7/16 greyhound, 2/16 Labrador, 1/16 collie or (as I'm sure somebody else will point out)...16/16 lurcher! ;)

Good luck and enjoy it, whatever the proportions. :thumbs:

Edited to add...Poo...s.e.s.k.u. beat me to it! :cray:

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

Percentages don't matter, it's how the dog has inherited particular genes that count. With a bit of luck you'll have a decent brain, a good retrieve, a fair bit of pace in a Greyhoundy body. BUT, you could end up with a Labrador body, a Greyhound brain ... just kidding :laugh:

• Like 3

Mate i never found getting a pup to rerieve a big deal some pups pick it up quicker than others. Try it round the park with a stick or a ball make it second nature for ur dog to bring it back.dont over do it let it be a pup.i had a 3quater greyhound quater collie handcock bitch pup had it retrieving from 12 weeks old.

Chid21 is the one to ask mate. There was a thread not so long back and he was working them out. He also sent % of mine. I only asked because people were asking me how much saluki and collie was in my pup!

Enlighten me then Geth. Saves me trying to do it!