Way Way To Early To End Yet

I hadn't seen any young at all yet and hadn't even had any does with young in......until I was out this morning and got a burrow with these in.they certainly weren't born ydayC71EE2DB-EF95-41CD-B1B1-792C62D4EFE1_zps

On the bright side that looks a nice tender eating rabbit lol.

Lol he was let go for next season

• Like 2

I hadn't seen any young at all yet and hadn't even had any does with young in......until I was out this morning and got a burrow with these in.they certainly weren't born ydayC71EE2DB-EF95-41CD-B1B1-792C62D4EFE1_zps

I never get the point of that im out killing rabbit as as there a pest a few young rabbits make a break for it , even a few hard hearted guys i know scoop them up and after your finished they pop them back down the burrow . WHY ? you have killed there mother the burrows stinking of ferret and there vermin . Even one of the softest farmers i know is chuffed when his border terrier kills young rabbits about the place

• Like 2

I never get the point of that im out killing rabbit as as there a pest a few young rabbits make a break for it , even a few hard hearted guys i know scoop them up and after your finished they pop them back down the burrow . WHY ? you have killed there mother the burrows stinking of ferret and there vermin . Even one of the softest farmers i know is chuffed when his border terrier kills young rabbits about the place

I know where you're coming from mate and if I was on one of the farms I control the rabbits for then it would've got bagged but I was just basically having a walk about some rough ground that a friend works on,getting a few runs for the dog,nothing serious.already had a couple to see the ferrets and dog alright and there isn't much about so I let them go for another day.i wasn't pest controlling as such

Last month i was paunching some bunnies and found them pregnant, just a bit early on, went out the other day and one of the bunnies we gutted had nigh on full term babies in her. This season has been weird with its weather and they really are breeding all year round now!

The frosts were late, and the cover was still up until late December. Now I try to cram in as much ferreting as possible. The shooting season has finished and the keepers are asking you to clear their rabbits, all this happens at the same time as we start digging to nests. I know that the professionals carry on regardless but it becomes such a pain when every outing involves hours of digging to recover ferrets holding a single doe in a nursing chamber. I like digging far less as I get older.

• Like 1

Got to say went out today, and no nests yet, just one pregnant out of 9, so might get one more in next week.

Got one large hedge left to do what's full by looks of things so that's Saturday/ Sunday next wkend sorted, then that's me about done :(

Have to get the guns out then :)

Gaz

Gaz I was back at Northallerton today with les and a couple of keen youngens to help out a bit I went round first thing Saturday with one of the holders Phil my little dog molly was marking some lovely sets but the ones you would do first on your own opinion ( no dog ) nothing quick sniff and away believe me molly has never let me down yet anyway today we proper put a good shift in for 12 bloody rabbits gutted it was that slow molly dug down for her own rabbit lol and to top the day 4 out of five ferrets are in seson