Looking For Some Advice . . .

Going back to what J Darcey posted I changed recal whistle.I started using my fox call the black plastic type that u can bite down on to change the pitch this helped and when the dog comes back I ignored the catch he had and just made fuss of the dog for a while then when the dogs ready take it from him. I hope this helps I totally understand how frustrating this problem is.

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have followed this thread with interest.....there's something you could try that might work. Take her to a new hunting area, one where she's never been before, and give her a run on the lamp. As soo

That's what I am getting at mate...it is obviously not a recall issue or a retrieve issue...not directly anyway. Something's clicked in her head that she must store /cache food. You'll have to break h

Just from what you wrote i say lack of game in front of her so shes protecting what shes caught. I'd say with some serious game put infront of her it will channel out of her. Last thing how ever much

My dog isnt possessive with anything except rabbits and then it's only sometimes. When I walk through the door at home he's straight to a toy and basically shoving it in my hand he's recal is good when out and about but sometimes when ferreting or lamping he buggers off with the rabbit and tries to bury it. Some nights no issues and retrieves perfect He is not possessive over food but won't touch it unless told to if I don't tell him to eat it he just follows me around.

You,ve got to stick with her but i wouldn,t be keeping her off the bunnys...

I won't be mate, unless we get five years down the line and she's still doing it lol. But maybe i'll just buy her a spade and she can make a proper job of it.

• Like 2