Proven Stuff

wouldnt it be great lads if the whole hunting community of ireland was honest with each other and striving to promote the irish strain of dogs the english lads have been doing it for decades if its not good enough it generally doesnt get a chance with the proper hunters of england theres no reason us lads shouldnt be doing the same thing i mean the irish are the best animal handlers in the world just look at the horse men weve got the greyhound men and even the dog trial men but instead of that were all against one another if the hare lads was as straight as most of those other animal men i mentioned we would have a strain of dogs in this country that wouldnt be equalled.and we dont need much help to do it we just need to help each other .........

• Like 2

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

modesty is well and truely gone in ireland all you here now is my stuff is doing this my stuff is doing that what happened to a man going out hunting for the sport and if you have a good dog other men

just posted this topic lads cause i would like yere opinions on when a dog or bitch has proven itself imo a dog or bitch can be good very good in there first season but imo there far from proven dogs

big frankle looking in door for more food he getting no more after hear that

Posted Images

wouldnt it be great lads if the whole hunting community of ireland was honest with each other and striving to promote the irish strain of dogs the english lads have been doing it for decades if its not good enough it generally doesnt get a chance with the proper hunters of england theres no reason us lads shouldnt be doing the same thing i mean the irish are the best animal handlers in the world just look at the horse men weve got the greyhound men and even the dog trial men but instead of that were all against one another if the hare lads was as straight as most of those other animal men i mentioned we would have a strain of dogs in this country that wouldnt be equalled.and we dont need much help to do it we just need to help each other .........

NO PROFIT IN THAT :laugh::laugh::hmm:

• Like 2

very true shadow, in an ideal world this would be great, but that would take everyone to be honest if theirs dogs are quite simply not good enough, English have no problem in admitting this, whereas it's a touchy subject on these shores. But what your saying definitely makes a lot of sense.
  • Like 1

very good post as it's what's actually needed to keep any bans here at bay. And hunting to stay healthy. But as the king once sang " if I can dream of a better land, where all my brothers walked hand in hand" lol
  • Like 2

very true shadow, in an ideal world this would be great, but that would take everyone to be honest if theirs dogs are quite simply not good enough, English have no problem in admitting this, whereas it's a touchy subject on these shores. But what your saying definitely makes a lot of sense.

well you have to give it to them lads theyve got a very proven gene pool between the top hunters and they can go to any dog they want and there mostly all related someway which keeps the good coursing gene in them. now most of them wouldnt suit back here but thats up to the men back here to produce our own lines its been a few years now since thers been a steady line in this country thats produced generation after generation i think irish lady produced a decent enough line of dogs maybe they werent all millers but not many of them couldnt run a hare the right way .can any lads think of any other good line of proven stuff

• Like 2

well you have to give it to them lads theyve got a very proven gene pool between the top hunters and they can go to any dog they want and there mostly all related someway which keeps the good coursing gene in them. now most of them wouldnt suit back here but thats up to the men back here to produce our own lines its been a few years now since thers been a steady line in this country thats produced generation after generation i think irish lady produced a decent enough line of dogs maybe they werent all millers but not many of them couldnt run a hare the right way .can any lads think of any other good line of proven stuff

judy/shadow/tiger/now tigers offspring thats 4 genarations of hare killers, thats a very good post shadow 15 you make a lot of since

• Like 2

well for me it's very simple when it comes too breeding,I leave the politics too the politicians, give credit where it's due, none where it's not, never listen too hype and believe what I see,,,,,,I can't give credit too any 1 particular line of breeding in my dogs, because theirs a lot of lines in them that are older than me, they've got Willie Tuffs stuff in them, Paddy Sweeney's stuff in them, John (The Farmer) Kelly's stuff in them, January jack on bout sides which came from old breeding too, so not sure how many generations that goes back of proven stuff but it's a fare bit back and still going strong........it's a big family tree,,,,,we could be talking about breeding for a lifetime, it's what's throwing the stuff is what ya want to be breeding off, when their throwing good offspring and have great bloodlines in them your onto a winner lads Edited by saluki174

There is a lot that are good dogs just in wrong hands.

What l mean by that is people put more time in then others and get the results.

Sometimes its nothing to do with breeding or lines.

There is men out there that will always have good dogs because there testing there dogs 2,3 times a week while others are getting out once a week

• Like 1

There is men out there that will always have good dogs because there testing there dogs 2,3 times a week while others are getting out once a week

very true, plus how well their being tested,

very true, plus how well their being tested,

what about a dog not getting out sometimes weeks on end and can still go out and do it ..dog either has it or it hasnt.its all about heart.

• Like 2