Not Much Home

Thought with havin some frost this mornin we would be guaranteed some sport but 3 different places and nothing at home .. Anyone else having same issues ?

You tried 3 earth's and blanked and you're calling that issues . You're not trying that hard.

Thought with havin some frost this mornin we would be guaranteed some sport but 3 different places and nothing at home .. Anyone else having same issues ?

what time in the day you going out?
I went out yesterday at 8.30 am tried 3 different places that usually hold but o well im poppin back out in a bit to check a few more
i would only be going out no earlier than 10ish this time of year when looking for fox. Seen it plenty of times foxes walking into earths early afternoon.

You tried 3 earth's and blanked and you're calling that issues . You're not trying that hard.

Not calling it issues but i have a tiny bit of permission i just found it weird as normally would get a dig but gonna try abit later next time out

Another thing, if the quarry is not a problem then you should think about releasing it unharmed after a dig.

If your permission is small this will stand to you.

Obviously if it must be put down than do so, if not and it wont be a problem, then release.

Last year I was out with my local Harrier pack and in one large block of land only one fox (a large dog fox) was found for the day.

He was hunted for 20 minutes, marked and given best.

About a week later I done a lot of walking in the same block of land and dug a large dog fox which I released.

A while later I reckon I dug him again.

Now, it mightn't have been the same fox all three times but I think it was.

3 hunts from one fox.

If he'd been killed the first time it would have been one hunt and that's all.

Mightn't suit everyone but it's how I've always done things.

• Like 2

Another thing, if the quarry is not a problem then you should think about releasing it unharmed after a dig.

Obviously if it must be put down than do so, if not and it wont be a problem, then release.

Last year I was out with my local Harrier pack and in one large block of land only one fox (a large dog fox) was found for the day.

About a week later I done a lot of walking in the same block of land and dug a large dog fox which I released.

3 hunts from one fox.

I dnt kill if it can be helped. Thanks for thr advice nd sharing your stories neil . I was sat in my house with ricky b last year goin through a terrier book with you in and a lot of terrier men from eire and ricky gave you a terrific name . So id just like to thankyou on tiing your time and commenting on my post thanks again

3 hunts from one fox.

only problem with that view is if the farmer or keeper found out I don't think you would be back as the lad said he only has a small bit of permission he's not going too get much more permission if folk find out he is letting them go

3 hunts from one fox.

I dnt kill if it can be helped. Thanks for thr advice nd sharing your stories neil . I was sat in my house with ricky b last year goin through a terrier book with you in and a lot of terrier men from eire and ricky gave you a terrific name . So id just like to thankyou on tiing your time and commenting on my post thanks again

That's nice to hear and tell Ricky I said hello, haven't seen him in a few year.

Many's a tale to tell there.

3 hunts from one fox.

only problem with that view is if the farmer or keeper found out I don't think you would be back as the lad said he only has a small bit of permission he's not going too get much more permission if folk find out he is letting them go

I agree BIGLURKS, but IMO hunting and vermin control is all about obtaining a balance.

Trouble makers must be accounted for, not in a sporting way but in a job of work.

But as the lad has said quarry is scarce so IMO there shouldn't be an abundance of vermin.

But, one thing I do know about here in Eire is that if you can get one or two neighbouring farms and are seen to be doing a good job you'll often get the permission of the neighbours and get the ball rolling on permissions.

So maybe your right to be seen to be doing a good job and hopefully open a few doors.

• Like 1

3 hunts from one fox.

That's nice to hear and tell Ricky I said hello, haven't seen him in a few year.

Many's a tale to tell there.

Sure will next time im back home