Any One A Sparky?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am an electrician and no you cant use 1.5 3 core you must use 2.5 minimum. 1.5mm will take i think ul to 26 or 36 amps before it starts to break down but once you start to plug things in the 1.5 mm

Current is what kills correct but considering it will blow the fuse before killing you or trip the switch as thats what the cnuts are designed for, the worst that will happen is a bit of burning, musc

Mate work away, what your doing will be fine, you'll have a 13amp fuse in your plug top and the socket you plug the lead into in the house will be protected by a 16 or 20amp mcb so you will have no is

If you run a cable near its linit you shorten its lifespan due to the increased heat i am of course talking about the extreme but you would never wire a socket in 1.5mm which is why i suggested not to

All centre parcs chalets ring mains are wired in 1.5mm cable, apparently they can does this because they aren't classed as permanent buildings.
either that or the mcb controlling the circuit is only a 10 or 16amp breaker. Remember this the circuit breaker is there to protect the cable not the human that is what the rcd is for
  • Like 1

Sorry but how is that possible?? If it is fused with a 13amp fuse on the house side then it is impossible for the garage side ergo the wire to draw anymore current than 13amps hence no overheating can take place, nor can you die from a 13amp shock.

Lads seriously??? The man said he wants to work a radio or phone charger.... The extension lead will be perfect! Once theres a 13amp fuse in the plug there is shag all going to heat to the extremes of causing a fire!! Every lighting circuit in a domestic house is wired in 1.5 t&e.

• Like 1

Current is what kills correct but considering it will blow the fuse before killing you or trip the switch as thats what the cnuts are designed for, the worst that will happen is a bit of burning, muscle cramps and a bruised ego lol

That's coming from someone who has had plenty of shocks the worst I ever had was off a capacitor that fuucker knocked me out cold :laugh:

• Like 2

Current is what kills correct but considering it will blow the fuse before killing you or trip the switch as thats what the cnuts are designed for, the worst that will happen is a bit of burning, muscle cramps and a bruised ego lol

That's coming from someone who has had plenty of shocks the worst I ever had was off a capacitor that fuucker knocked me out cold :laugh:

It could've been divine intervention on behalf of Frazdog to put manners on you lol

• Like 1

Sorry but how is that possible?? If it is fused with a 13amp fuse on the house side then it is impossible for the garage side ergo the wire to draw anymore current than 13amps hence no overheating can take place, nor can you die from a 13amp shock.

Are you a Spark or just a DIY chancer that hasn't got a clue?!

13A is more than capable of killing someone, even current as low as 100mA is capable of that in the right circumstances which is why most houses have a 30mA RCD fitted at the CCU to try to prevent those situations from occurring.

The IEE Wiring Regulations aren't just for printed for the sake of it.

Formally a Time Served Electrician now a Electrical Design Engineer by the way.

• Like 1

My Hero!

Children might not be that lucky..............