Bed-Whip

No1DogMan

Just seen a post where a lad is using his bed-whip for bushing.

Doesn't seen to be the dun thing really. Or is hit?

Maybe his lurcher failed at most tasks for a lurcher as expected from the breed and he just thort let's keep hit as a bush dog.

Or do they brung sum thing to the table?

Edited by No1DogMan
  • Like 1

Can see them bringing plenty to the table. They will have the speed size coat and prey drive to make a cracking busher. I'm not a fan of buddy crosses at all but I have no dout they will be a handy tool to have in a bushing pack. They will have that extra speed to catch when out bushing hedge rows. Will also be handy in rough and reed beds as the extra speed will come in handy. As for tite thick bramble there coat might slow them down a little but none more so than a rought coated terrer........when out bushing along hedge rows there has been plenty of times. That a bunny as ran the length of the hedge and the busher is not quick enough to catch it and the lurchers are to big to get in the hedge to pick it up ...that is were the beddy whip would earn it's keep ...

• Like 3

Does the lad have other dogs too or is the beddy cross his only dog? Not everyone can keep a load of dogs so if I only had the one I'd want it to flush/catch whatever was available wherever it is. Hunting is one of the things expected from a lurcher isn't it?

• Like 1

Wouldn't have a lurcher if it never hunted had a beddy whippet grey that was good in cover was about 21tts seen it crawling through cover for its prey

I've read a few of you posts. You seem to like the bed crosses?

Have you ever had a bush dog or always just used the lurchers?

I think I see a border whippet on here look a handy dog and looked better suited to bushig than the beddy whippet not sure if it was tho perhaps someone could enlighten me

Decent Bedlingtons are a more versatile terrier and are renowned for what they bring to the Whirrier ,the Bedlington is more agile,athletic and speedier than other terrier types,plus higher on the leg,thus as the edge in the production of small lurchers,on the whole.Any terrier added to a whippet will produce bushing type jukels,in reality they all bush slower than a terrier in tight cover and are not the most productive of lurchers,yet they find their niche.

Wouldn't have a lurcher if it never hunted had a beddy whippet grey that was good in cover was about 21tts seen it crawling through cover for its prey

I've read a few of you posts. You seem to like the bed crosses?

Have you ever had a bush dog or always just used the lurchers?

most the ground I hunt is heavy read beds and bracken so no real need for a bush dog been out with one or two and the we beddys crosses seen to work quicker and just as good as they did
  • Like 1