Simon Whitehead's Christmas Offering :)

would it have been ok if bob had done 1 of these mole courses and had a bit of paper to say hes a master mole trapper like this jeff nichols bloke .bobs a great bloke , same as simon . keep the videos coming , isnt it awful when we have enemys from within our ranks trying to ruin it for others .

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here it is,...... Simons most recent film, This one will be of interest to all the mole men out there as it features a face that's familiar to most..... Keep your eyes peeled for the next episo

So I take it you'll all be interested in simons next short film,...... The next one also features Bob, this time he demonstrates how to make a mole trap from start to finish....should make interestin

Bob is a nice guy,...he made me a beautiful Hemp Long Net...   I sent him up, a bumper bundle of old vermin traps (girt great box full,..I could hardly lift the fecker ).. He does a few charity sh

Ah, olde Nick appears again FFS

Interesting that he should be accusing folk of illegal activities concerning mole catching when HIS (guild of british molecatchers) president posted a video of his dog catching a mole on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjsbs7_JnuM

Seems like its one rule for them, and a different one for everyone else :hmm:

Edited by Mr Wasp

Real shame people spoil things through there own jealousy, bob is one of the most helpful down to earth fellas I know. He has always had time for me just for a crack or to show me something about trapping and snaring. Hope this doesn't put them off making new films.

• Like 3

Ah, olde Nick appears again FFS

Interesting that he should be accusing folk of illegal activities concerning mole catching when HIS (guild of british molecatchers) president posted a video of his dog catching a mole on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjsbs7_JnuM

Seems like its one rule for them, and a different one for everyone else :hmm:

john noblets dog that.......hand in hand with the man himself

I hope anyone reading this who is a member of the Guild of British Molecatchers realises that they are fuelling this mans ego and resigns forthwith.

I saw nothing illegal in that film, and Jeff himself has sold a DVD with instructions on making the board type snare mole traps.

The man should be outed as the snake he is.

If you're a member of the GBM and you are reading this, then please tell them you don't agree with this snake undermining everyone who wants to trap.

I joined for a year once and when i looked on the website, they had advertised my area as Westmorland,[a county that hasn't existed for over 25 years] and when i pulled them about it they would not do anything about it, found out later, his mate worked the same areas as me,Tossers.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not mole catcher so there's very little I can say on the subject but Jeff is a right royal pain is the ass to those who earn there living catching moles,

He sees himself as some form of authority on the subject and not only is he trying to implement new and unneccecary laws he's using the likes of the rspca to do his dirty work for him,.....

I'm sure there are others on this forum who can comment further on Jeff and there own experiences with him.

There were several complaints made about the film & it's content, these were insignificant points but Simon and those who chose to share the films have been forced to withdraw them while an investigation is made and all legal matters clarified.......

Either way you look at it, this man has cast dispersion on both Bob & his mole trapping skills,

It has also made simon withdraw films that took a lot of time, money & effort to produce.

There are several other films that are on hold as well as a ful length dvd...

This is because people are becoming scared to touch any product that may cast dispersions on either themselbed or there brand.

Thanks Geoff

Yes, its a bit disappointing & unnecessary interfering, from Jeff.Way back, when the concept of a "molecatchers body/group" was being considered, i wasnt sure if it was a good thing, or not ? lol I thought at least it might be able to promote 'mole trapping' as an effective & viable alternative, to 'chemical control methods' against moles ? Cause im afraid i cant find alot else to say, POSITIVE, about the whole idea,...lol

I'm not mole catcher so there's very little I can say on the subject but Jeff is a right royal pain is the ass to those who earn there living catching moles,

He sees himself as some form of authority on the subject and not only is he trying to implement new and unneccecary laws he's using the likes of the rspca to do his dirty work for him,.....

I'm sure there are others on this forum who can comment further on Jeff and there own experiences with him.

There were several complaints made about the film & it's content, these were insignificant points but Simon and those who chose to share the films have been forced to withdraw them while an investigation is made and all legal matters clarified.......

Either way you look at it, this man has cast dispersion on both Bob & his mole trapping skills,

It has also made simon withdraw films that took a lot of time, money & effort to produce.

This is because people are becoming scared to touch any product that may cast dispersions on either themselbed or there brand.

Thanks Geoff

Yes, its a bit disappointing & unnecessary interfering, from Jeff.Way back, when the concept of a "molecatchers body/group" was being considered, i wasnt sure if it was a good thing, or not ? lol I thought at least it might be able to promote 'mole trapping' as an effective & viable alternative, to 'chemical control methods' against moles ? Cause im afraid i cant find alot else to say, POSITIVE, about the whole idea,...lol

Never forget why the GBM came into existence..........

JN was an active member of the BTMR, which is an online register rather than a trade body of any sort :yes: Anyway, to cut a long story short, JN wanted them to push for daily trap checking, and when they refused, he went off in a strop and set up the Guild.

Since then, he's lobbied the Scottish Parliament, DEFRA, NE and even the RSPCA to try and push through his wish to remove the exemption to the STAO that stops us having to submit traps for 'small ground vermin' for approval and pushed and pushed to have mandatory daily trap checks for traps set for rats mice and moles :yes:

When the GBM started up it was free to join and there was no accreditation. Low and behold, once he'd got folks signing up in their droves, he brought in accreditation, which then morphed into three levels of accreditation, mainly based around his own (often flawed) theories about mole behaviour and mole trapping.

The cynics out there might well wonder if it had something to do with him being a training provider...... :yes:

Since he's been outed as the snake that he actually is, he's lost the tiny bit of credibility that he once had.

I still can't believe that he suggested that the gas pipe type traps were somehow illegal, when he himself describes in detail how to make a board top trap in one of his DVD's; and even encourages viewers to have a go at it for themselves...

The only molecatcher JN is working for is himself and his huge ego.

Anyone who is already a member of the GBM should be seriously asking themselves if it's worth it. Anyone considering joining should look long and hard at what else is available :yes:

Thanks Geoff

I well remember the "panic" that came over a number of "strychnine boys" , up & down the country, at the prospect of losing 'strychnine' " no way , we can go back to traps, probably have to go out the game ? " i would hear,off a good number of them,...lol Well, just look at it now,....the games 'bursting at the seams' with TRAPPERS ! lol

• Like 1

:hmm:Well, I was a member of The Guild,..in fact, I was their Southern Area Rep.... :blink:

When I originaly joined, I thought it was just going to be a wee private club for like-minded lads, to have the craic.. :laugh:

However,.when the courses started and it was made obvious to me that my role, would be to educate local members and newcomers to the mole catching business,...I was shocked and shot out of that fecking door,.. as though my arse was on fire. :D

I was also an early member of the Traditional Mole Catchers and once again, I got it all a bit wrong... I am a trusting old fecker,...possibly a wee bit naive.... :yes:

Once again,.regular, well attended monthly courses on offer,...and encouraging more and more curious guys, to get into mole trapping game.

Life goes on,.everyone has a right to earn a living ,.I know that only too well,.but, I have also learned from experience, that the pro rabbiting/mole catching life is a 'dog eat dog' one,..so Clubs and Societies ain't for me..

"But Phil,...the man said,.."Do you want the ancient art of mole trapping to die a death, by keeping things to yourself"?

My answer was pretty short and sweet, straight to the jugular,.'Feck the ART,.let it die,.you silly feckers can reserect it again,............ after I am fecking retired"... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

Thanks Geoff

Never forget why the GBM came into existence..........

JN was an active member of the BTMR, which is an online register rather than a trade body of any sort :yes: Anyway, to cut a long story short, JN wanted them to push for daily trap checking, and when they refused, he went off in a strop and set up the Guild.

Since then, he's lobbied the Scottish Parliament, DEFRA, NE and even the RSPCA to try and push through his wish to remove the exemption to the STAO that stops us having to submit traps for 'small ground vermin' for approval and pushed and pushed to have mandatory daily trap checks for traps set for rats mice and moles :yes:

When the GBM started up it was free to join and there was no accreditation. Low and behold, once he'd got folks signing up in their droves, he brought in accreditation, which then morphed into three levels of accreditation, mainly based around his own (often flawed) theories about mole behaviour and mole trapping.

The cynics out there might well wonder if it had something to do with him being a training provider...... :yes:

Since he's been outed as the snake that he actually is, he's lost the tiny bit of credibility that he once had.

I still can't believe that he suggested that the gas pipe type traps were somehow illegal, when he himself describes in detail how to make a board top trap in one of his DVD's; and even encourages viewers to have a go at it for themselves...

The only molecatcher JN is working for is himself and his huge ego.

Anyone who is already a member of the GBM should be seriously asking themselves if it's worth it. Anyone considering joining should look long and hard at what else is available :yes:

Thanks Matt, interesting stuff,....even if Jeff started off, with some 'good intentions', he needs a 'reality check', cause he seems to be getting it 'wrong' ? (more often than not) Look at those traps, hes endorsed, for example ? STILL not really fit for purpose, (& thats this new improved version,supposedly ! ) Some members from "the guild" come across as 'amateurs' & and im afraid that includes a few of the molecatchers, who are 'accredited', also.

He didn't start off with good intentions.

He needed a vehicle for his ego, and a public 'presence' helps sell books, DVD's and training courses :yes:

I still can't get over their president putting up a film of himself training his dog to catch moles :no: Talk about incriminating yourself :no:

:hmm:Well, I was a member of The Guild,..in fact, I was their Southern Area Rep.... :blink:

When I originaly joined, I thought it was just going to be a wee private club for like-minded lads, to have the craic.. :laugh:

However,.when the courses started and it was made obvious to me that my role, would be to educate local members and newcomers to the mole catching business,...I was shocked and shot out of that fecking door,.. as though my arse was on fire. :D

I was also an early member of the Traditional Mole Catchers and once again, I got it all a bit wrong... I am a trusting old fecker,...possibly a wee bit naive.... :yes:

Once again,.regular, well attended monthly courses on offer,...and encouraging more and more curious guys, to get into mole trapping game.

Life goes on,.everyone has a right to earn a living ,.I know that only too well,.but, I have also learned from experience, that the pro rabbiting/mole catching life is a 'dog eat dog' one,..so Clubs and Societies ain't for me..

"But Phil,...the man said,.."Do you want the ancient art of mole trapping to die a death, by keeping things to yourself"?

My answer was pretty short and sweet, straight to the jugular,.'Feck the ART,.let it die,.you silly feckers can reserect it again, after I am fecking retired"... :thumbs:

DSC_3966.jpg

Ha ha I can definately 'relate' to alot of what you say here, Phil.