Carrying Ammo?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how do peeps carry their ammo when out in the field? The litle bricks must be dead handy when on the range but not so good when fumbling around in the dark in the field. I'm guessing some kind of pouch but some brands have coatings on them which surely will rub off if carried in the loose. I did look up an ammo belt in .22LR but there are not as many as I would have thought. Of course the best way is enough magazines but with Anchutz 5 round @ an eye watering £40 plus the postage I'll stick with the two.

Thoughts anyone?

Have you looked on riflemags.co.uk you can get a ten round mag on there. A bit expensive but you can't beat having a loaded spare magazine in your pocket in preference to bullets in a pouch. I would rather keep them in their original packaging until they go in the magazine and a box of rim fire ammunition isn't that big.

My view is that the original packaging is designed with safety in mind. You can hold the magazine in your hand slide back the top of the retail box just enough to dispense 5 rounds into same hand as magazine and load . I always go hunting with full strips of five in the box any stragglers stay at home until I use them zeroing or practicing in daytime

The thing that always makes me wary of loose pouches is the chance of a live round dropping out as you're fumbling to pull one out.

OK if you see it drop and find it, but if you don't and it later is found by someone else, could raise questions. Probably more likely to be an issue with rimfire than CF because of the physical size.

Edited by Alsone

Went out on the rats Friday just gone, I normally have 3x 8shot Brno mags and an mtm wallet which doesnt rattle and then I will carry a spare box anyway but I put most of my gear in my hunting designed waistcoat.

As I move around very slowly or I'm stationary especially doing this form of hunting its not that much of a problem.