Hares In The Morning

Lol, kin el poshpikey's question has taken a bit of a turn! Witches, lamps, broomsticks, next thing you'll know will be some turnip saying he saw a whippet catch a hare! Now that would have to be some sort of witchcraft! :laugh::thumbs:

I got a whippet does em regular on the lamp she's caught more hares than rabbit I even took her to the fen she done 2/2 a few weeks ago

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That makes sense sir, also the fact that in many areas, especially lamped, hares will and do run just as fast as in the day, use the same tactics or whatever to escape and know exactly where they are

I stick my neck on the line..   I caught double figures hares on the lamp often - more than once a week..   A lot ran double up but single as well..   The same dogs would blank or be lucky to

think if anything running for its life its going to go the best it can being being it morning noon or night lol

Posted Images

Lol, kin el poshpikey's question has taken a bit of a turn! Witches, lamps, broomsticks, next thing you'll know will be some turnip saying he saw a whippet catch a hare! Now that would have to be some sort of witchcraft! :laugh::thumbs:

I got a whippet does em regular on the lamp she's caught more hares than rabbit I even took her to the fen she done 2/2 a few weeks ago

Was a joke mate, I've owned and seen some good whippets which caught a fair few 'witches' ' before the ban' :thumbs:

Was a joke mate, I've owned and seen some good whippets which caught a fair few 'witches' ' before the ban' :thumbs:
I know mate just shows ya that they are a fair bit easier on the lamp

I know mate just shows ya that they are a fair bit easier on the lamp

Or that most whippets, if allowed to mature a bit and strengthen up and develope, before they get run at stuff too young, do go on to be pretty good, even on hares :thumbs:.

Edited to add, I'm not saying they'd be a viable option as out and out hare dogs compared to a taller purpose bred type, but if given a bit of time to mature before they start work, as any type should really, I think many people would be surprised at what many whippets are capable of :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3