Paramo Fuera Showerproof Smock Advice

Anyone using the paramo fuera smock, or can recommend anything similar

A friend gave me some old paramo trousers awhile ago...they are excellent, for general walking,hunting...so fancy a smock in similar material

Thanks

Have a look at the glamaig by cioch. They use the same material but each garment is made to measure. They do it in a smock or full zip version. I've got the latter and would definitely recommend it. Made on the Isle of Skye.

A friend gave me some old paramo trousers awhile ago...they are excellent, for general walking,hunting...so fancy a smock in similar material

Thanks

Get some of your money spent you tight git. Buy the velez smock, that is a proper price of kit.
  • 1 year later...

The Paramo gear is really good for the outdoor enthusiast, while being extremely durable, tough and long lasting I definitely would not recommend the clothing for really serious outdoor activities involving the hunting fraternity. While it would be ideal for hiking, hill walking and following even hounds etc; I wouldn't consider it ideal clothing for the more strenuous pursuits like Ferreting and digging.In my opinion it is a little too expensive for such activities. However, it is hard wearing and totally waterproof when correctly maintained with Nikwax .TX.Direct. The Nikwax Windproofs cut wind and will deflect rain yet allow moisture vapour through to ensure maximum comfort. The Windproof fabric is both lightweight and durable.Also it offers maintainable for water-repellency when treated correctly with the above mentioned solution. For myself I have 2 prs of Cascada trousers which I find ideal. The trousers are provided with unique leg ventilation and articulation which provides complete comfort and full weather protection. I also have the Parjaro Jacket which is specifically designed to suit an active country lifestyle. Made from the same Nikwax Analogy fabric that is rugged and durable, yet soft and quiet. It is an expensive Jacket but well worth the added cost if maintained correctly.There is that many items to choose from and I would recommend various base laylers like the explorer-on. The Paramo reversible shirts are excellent in the very job they were designed for.The reversibility means that wearing the fleecy side next to your skin keeps you warm,dry and very comfortable when needed. Wearing the smooth side next to your skin will keep you cool; excellent! Paramo's reversible shirts give you 2 shirts for the price of one. My friend owns an outdoor clothing shop and is the largest supplier of Canada Goose clothing also. Also the brand Woolpower is fantastic for warmth and I would give Montane a try. IF ANYONE NEEDS ANYMORE INFORMATION OR HELP PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT MYSELF.

To all genuine Hunters. Keep The Flag Flying.

My most sincere regards. Lutra....

• Like 1

The Paramo gear is really good for the outdoor enthusiast, while being extremely durable, tough and long lasting I definitely would not recommend the clothing for really serious outdoor activities involving the hunting fraternity. While it would be ideal for hiking, hill walking and following even hounds etc; I wouldn't consider it ideal clothing for the more strenuous pursuits like Ferreting and digging.In my opinion it is a little too expensive for such activities. However, it is hard wearing and totally waterproof when correctly maintained with Nikwax .TX.Direct. The Nikwax Windproofs cut wind and will deflect rain yet allow moisture vapour through to ensure maximum comfort. The Windproof fabric is both lightweight and durable.Also it offers maintainable for water-repellency when treated correctly with the above mentioned solution. For myself I have 2 prs of Cascada trousers which I find ideal. The trousers are provided with unique leg ventilation and articulation which provides complete comfort and full weather protection. I also have the Parjaro Jacket which is specifically designed to suit an active country lifestyle. Made from the same Nikwax Analogy fabric that is rugged and durable, yet soft and quiet. It is an expensive Jacket but well worth the added cost if maintained correctly.There is that many items to choose from and I would recommend various base laylers like the explorer-on. The Paramo reversible shirts are excellent in the very job they were designed for.The reversibility means that wearing the fleecy side next to your skin keeps you warm,dry and very comfortable when needed. Wearing the smooth side next to your skin will keep you cool; excellent! Paramo's reversible shirts give you 2 shirts for the price of one. My friend owns an outdoor clothing shop and is the largest supplier of Canada Goose clothing also. Also the brand Woolpower is fantastic for warmth and I would give Montane a try. IF ANYONE NEEDS ANYMORE INFORMATION OR HELP PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT MYSELF.

Are you on commission mate ?
  • Like 1

He owns the company..!!

Thanks

The windproof smock is supposed to be good paired up with a paramo hoodie and works like their waterproof jackets so i hear, less to pay aswell, and it's a good idea to treat even newly bought paramo gear with the nikwax

He owns the company..!!

Does he offer a discount for THL members ?

He owns the company..!!

Does he offer a discount for THL members ?

We can only live in hope lol.

Just for the record, them reversable shirts are fecking excellent. Been wearing them for nearly 20 years.

No , unfortunately!

Thanks

I've had a Fuera smock for a few years. I originally bought it for walking on drier days but have also worn it fishing and deer stalking on open hill on milder evenings. Despite being made from very thin and lightweight material it is still in remarkably new looking condition. I like the freedom of movement when wearing a lightweight garment such as this. I would be reluctant to wear mine if I anticipated heavy downpours, moving close to barbed wire or pushing through brash but for stalking through an open woodland or wearing out on the hill in milder weather with short rain showers it gives enough protection and is very comfortable. One thing I would say is the material can be a bit noisy when it brushes up against something but nowhere near as noisy as goretex for example (if shooting off of sticks this would probably be less of an issue). For that reason and because it is not as robust as most hunters would demand it is probably not the ideal choice as a hunting jacket but as I said mine gets worn for all sorts of activities.