Most Rabbits Locally (Walking Distance) On Lamp

The most I have caught within walking distance was a healthy bag of 16 rabbits. This was between two dogs , my own bitch fly and nottzhunter's old dog kye. They were the easiest 16 as well. I stood 10 yrds to the right of nottz and when kye was slipped he practically ran the rabbit towards my direction and I then flicked my lamp and slipped fly who either caught the rabbit or turned it back into kye.

We had to carry the catch 3mile ish back home taking it in turns with the rucksack. The feeling was very memorable reaching home, making a brew and having smoke. Bless ya .This amount would be very difficult to beat and I only ever managed 10 with the one dog on two occasions from the same spot.

So the question is ... for as long as you have been lamping, whats the most rabbits you have caught locally?

Edited by REW
  • Like 1

You do have to know when to slip, to avoid the dogs having a head on. But very effective if your after numbers. Dogs are always well behaved and wouldn't be fighting over the catch either.

Now 36 is mint.

Edited by REW

Me and a mates dogs had 13 each couple years ago on local ground go there now lucky to get a run got to no the lamp other than that this season so far has been 9 with my 2 year old dog twist I wood like a big bag and see what he has got atb

• Like 1

I once took 6 from the field at the side of my house with Tara ,,,had 18 from the next village but I drove there,,,only 2 mile,,lol

Tomo how lazy you are only two mile should have walked there lol

I often go just round my village lamping out the van,,,down this lane,,,down that lane,,,pull up in different gateways ,,,dead easy ,,lol

• Like 3

at one time you could walk round daytime and almost guarantee 5 or 6 rabbits within a mile of the house every day. the place was crawling with them, eating my garden, stripping the bark off my fruit trees. often had ten or fifteen in a couple of hours. used to hang them on trees and pick them up in the truck later (lazy b*****d). ever since that really wet summer a couple of years ago we barely see a rabbit round here.

• Like 1

i know folk up hear that catch one rabbit per mile on a good windy night rew...and i think fair play to them guys and [BANNED TEXT] i go out way them on better land their dog is top notch and fit...ive been there myself they are the die hards in our sport...true dog men

Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Like 1

i know folk up hear that catch one rabbit per mile on a good windy night rew...and i think fair play to them guys and [bANNED TEXT] i go out way them on better land their dog is top notch and fit...ive been there myself they are the die hards in our sport...true dog men

one rabbit per mile would be classed as a good night in my books :laugh:

Id love to get on some good rabbit land just to see how my dogs would cope wih the constant running ..

• Like 2

i know folk up hear that catch one rabbit per mile on a good windy night rew...and i think fair play to them guys and [bANNED TEXT] i go out way them on better land their dog is top notch and fit...ive been there myself they are the die hards in our sport...true dog men

one rabbit per mile would be classed as a good night in my books :laugh:

Id love to get on some good rabbit land just to see how my dogs would cope wih the constant running ..

A rabbit a mile is a fantastic result around here ?

A rabbit every 2 mile is probably more like it. Lol

• Like 2

I lamped a couple of local places last night that I drove to. places I used to walk and cycle to. I just missed the rain and the wind wasn't consistent enough. Only saw very few out. Managed a few slips long slips for fly. trying to run that weight of her with small sessions on the lamp. Had the pup with me to watch the beam and fly. One run takes fly around the field and then back towards me. I manage to slip my pup GEM into the run and she catches first strike. 1st run on lamp and 1st catch. Over moon.

• Like 2