3 Hand Crafted Small Knives

Ok will do , unfortunately I can't justify Damascus and tooled leather for £50 .. But I have to, to get sales right now . There bargains and I think that's why they sell so well !?!??

Carbon blade with less decoration on the leather I can do for that price. I'm not being ungreatfull or rude but the work and cost to me in these might shock some of you ..

Do you guys think I should to two types ? Like a Damascus and tooled leather (for the price that costs to make ) and an honest simple carbon bladed version with no tooling ??

I can do both and it's great for me to have feedback like this , I can Taylor what I make for the market place and budgets. I just can't sell things at way under price and continue to rent my workspace .

I'm seriously thinking about a laser cut order of small blades 2-3" long to be able to offer what you guys want at a price we can both live with .

Any input is welcome !

Thanks guys

For me a good knife is a good knife I don't need fancy patterns on the blade as I don't intend to sit looking at it I want it to be functional but then I do like a nice patterned leather sheath so,I suppose its swings and roundabouts .......

• Like 2

I do like the look of the Damascus Matt, but if im really honest, if its small, well made and razor sharp I would be happy. For me the sheath don't have to be fancy so long as it holds the knife well. just my opinion.

• Like 1

Makes total sence guys !

I just lost my personal knife last weekend . My own knives are the most expensive iv ever owned and it was my little Forrest and field that dropped in the woods !

My fieldcrafteruk got lost in the move of houses earlier this year .....

So I'm in the market for a 100% practical , well made usable knife myself ..

If I was you guys would I spend that much ?? The answer is yes after owning one I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if that was possible (it's not)

And please believe me that's not me doing sales , it's the knives that have impressed me most in use , I know they where expensive but I know they can't be made cheaper (I tried everything to keep the price down but it's impoisnle we are in the uk )

Even if I go with laser cut steel Preffesionaly heat treated etc they still will cost a few £££

I'm working on an idea right now but I can not and will not attempt to compleat with cheap foreign blades like China or mora .

I'd rather just not go down that road .

Ps just want to say , my most expensive knives have sold to forum members , and the fieldcrafters that where £120 mostly sold to forum members. There is a lot of guys and girls (thZnks gem and penny) willing to pay for quality . But I understand most can't (like myself )

I bought a white handled fieldcrafter from you just before Christmas, I love it, proper quality tool that will last a few lifetimes....

I much prefer buying something hand made from a British craftsman. Whether it be a knife, dog collar, fishing rod ect...

I think a damascus fieldcrafter would be a nice thing to own...

• Like 1

I agree with you matt you can't crib on quality and the moment you go down the cheap road you sell yourself short mate as your knives are quickly gaining a reputation for quality ... I think I own around 10 of your knives now matt ranging from £130 I think down to a little £45 skinning knife ... I own around 24 knives and the ones I use every week are yours because they do the job and hold an edge no matter what throw at them but as I said earlier price is a factor for most people but as a business owner myself I know you have to make it worthwhile it's not a charity .... it's finding the middle ground that suites the working class pocket but still earns you a few pound that's the difficult part mate ..........

Thanks gents !

I think a no frills knife of modest size will allways appeal .

Maybe I should just take the elements that a great knife must have and ignore the rest for a working mans price option ..

Great steel , great geometry , good heat treatment and temper , great cutting edge and a strong secure grip . Look at the sheath as its primary role as simply a safe way to carry the blade . The rest is just aesthetics, like polishing and leather adornment and handle material ..

there could be 3 options for the same knife then , no frills carbon blade, "finished" carbon blade some letter work , and the deluxe with Damascus blade exotic handle and heavily tooled leather .. All three having there price point .

• Like 4