Top Lines Of Working Lab?

Don't think colour makes a difference though its probably easier to find a good black lab than other colours.

A lot of FT bred labs will go back to simlar lines with drakeshead and a few other well known kennals/dogs cropping up in the pedigrees of most.

Depends what you are looking for.

Drakeshead Kennels have been instrumental in developing the Labrador for Field Trials with unrivalled success in years gone by. Levenghyl Labradors have now emerged over the past 10 years as the top Trialling Kennels in the UK.... 6 Levenghyl dogs competed at the 2009 IGL Championship. http://levenghyllabradors.co.uk/about/levenghyl-labradors/

A good dog is never a bad colour either ... but give the Chocolates a wide berth ;)

Jangles

I like yellows myself so we have 3 yellow / red and one black to run with our cockers.

You don't see many Choc labs out shooting to be fair and a lot that you do see around aren't particularly athletic looking to work day after day. Not saying that they wont but they wont do it with the pace of a more athletically built dog.

Having said that I have seen a few pretty good chocolates, no worse than you average yellow / black but certainly no better.

Lines wise it entirely depends on what you want from the dog. Too many people buy a flying machine when they want a steadier type of dog and then struggle.

Personally, if it is your first dog you would be well served seeing if there are any labs working local to you that you like the look of and see if they are planning pups with another dog you like.

Cheers

Dan

Fynnon gain gun dogs down in south wales

Many FTC from the infamous pockley adder and pockley Remus.

I have a daughter to a FTC,and in someone else's hands she'd be a much better dog.

I think there are a lot more people out there these days not just john holstead.

I have never heard of any difference in a dogs ability be in black white or chocolate.

Mines white and it hasn't affected flighting geese,pigeons,ducks or deer stalking.

Buying from top percentage does give you some sort of good chance at a good pup, but nothing's guaranteed.

Pups are expensive,choose wisely and good luck.