Wasps Still About

They say that 1% survive each nest which is normally 1500 queens produced so every strong nest will make 15 nests in an area for next year. So taking one out makes -15 in there area for next wasp season. And i wouldn't touch a wasp nest at £40 I leave that to the window cleaners of the world. I value my company and we charge a flat rate but its certainly not as low as £40. :yes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I value my business as well, I am sure that most folk on this site would be happy with a local easy access wasp nest for £40!   Lets find out.........................................................

I think 40-60 is probably the average price but tbh I think that's to cheap, I sub of a company that charge fixed rate 95+vat and they get more nests than me ....but f**k their advertising bill.....

Just out of interest what makes a 10 minute wasp nest worth more than £40 As long as it's local it doesn't get any easier

Posted Images

I had been charging £45 for an easy one, but next year, with all this new hazardous-waist-disposal-form-filling-out-bullshit, I recon I could double that.

For instance; my chimney sweep used to charge £25, but now he has to fill out a form so he charges £50. He just shrugs and says “f*****g government interfering in’it” and I end up agreeing with him while I hand over the cash.

So f**k it, £90 for wasps it is.

Fuel to get there

Tax to pay out of the income

National insurance

Wear and tear on your vehicle

Registering for trade waste to take away anything you may need to dispose of

Your wages

whatever chemical you use

£40???

Okay take the above into account how much do you pocket?????

Not a lot..............

I think it's down to wether you can afford to lose a job or not which is bollocks I know but unless your doing well and snowed under its better to have 40-60 in your pocket than risk losing at higher prices.......things are tight for most I think...

• Like 1

But you missed the point

Charge £40-£60 for a job and you loose a substantial amount in the costs above so why chase around making yourself so busy for very little money.

You are almost better off charging a higher rate and losing a few jobs where you don't make much anyway.

To be really honest with you I think that I lost two this year by people wanting them treated for less than I normally charge. And I think your always going to get that. It would be an interesting experiment to charge a little more and see if it puts people off.

An older pestie one told me - "don't be the fool rushing around charging low prices, take your time do less jobs but charge a little more" This is something that I have taken onboard and the turnover does seem to be the same but I don't get as stressed trying to do too many jobs in one day.

OK so I was wrong about £40 for a wasp nest, but still feel for a local job can make a tidy profit. A little profit is better than no profit?

Since were talkiing prices, How much do you charge for a 3 treatment job for rats/mice in a domestic setting?

Around here I find folk will pay up to £120 but charge more and the answer is "We will get back to you" which means a competitor gets the little profit going.

Personally I find a few jobs close to each other each at £30 visit works, but you may tell me something else?

Lets see......................................................................................