Got 2 pups here I've been feeding mainly chicken carcasses (chicken wings when they were younger) lamb ribs, ox cheek/beef neck, fish once a week hearts, tripe, and dinner scrapes.

Problem is I've started back mixing in brown rice or brown pasta and there not touching it, also any type of minced meats there not interested at all, I know they both ate rice before I picked them up at 8 weeks, and I also had them on chicken or beef mince and rice or pasta for a while.

There now 5 and 9 months and obviously need a filler and source of carbs.

And it's costing me more.

Tryed leaving them till hungry but not made a difference, I then give in a feed what they want.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks Jekyll.

They’ll eat if hungry, pick your carb and mix with a little mince and offer, if refused pick it up, do the same the next meal and repeat till they wolf it down! (Throw away before spoils if they hold out for more than a day, that’s why I said mix a little). At 9 months I would feed twice a day and 3 times a day for the one less than 6 months but being hungry for a little while won't hurt them. Once they start eating it feed them just that for a few days then gradually add in the other stuff but feed at separate times from your mince/carb mix. A good walk after they refuse will help their appetite ready for the next meal :thumbs: .

• Like 3