A Different Bodygrip.

You have to produce a trapping licence to purchase traps!

So much wiser now ! Thanks for enlightening me. Does this count for all Canadian provinces ? One lives in the Yukon, the other in BC

That I don't know lad! I even notice that on a couple of online stores, that they ask for licence number on order form! Not saying all stores, or online stores are this way, just my experience of them!

Surely a way round it!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Canadian made, this Bg is much bigger than our 110's and obviously designed for bigger critters. Unlike our BG the trap suitcases onto the unfortunate victim. Just thought i'd post the pics in case an

Not really matey, on the BG the arms come together , on the koro there is only one arm. I have all the koro sizes and whilst they are a powerful trap they have flaws that can/could result in foul cat

Im in Canada, and here regular... if anyone wanted something bringing back, might work out cheaper. DnN

Posted Images

The critter steps on the plate and that closes the jaws with power. This is not a legal trap in the UK, obviously.

Critters? You turning yank, when you getting your crocket hat :laugh:

Stop messing with shite traps lol

Did you buy online or actually in Canada? As I said, was just my experience with couple of places online! Was looking for soft touch conibear pans, and the two places I found that supplied them asked for licence number! Not sure if was essential, but my mate couldn't purchase in store, ( three different stores) without licence!

I gave up on purchasing the pans after, because I was quoted 38 Canadian dollars shipping for half a dozen! (Can't be got in the USA)

Can you not make your own pans for the bodygrip traps? Wood/weldmesh etc?

There is no license required to buy traps from US or Canada for UK, but most retailers will not sell you traps that can be sold under license here (like BMI Magnum for example) as ours have been modified to fit the STAO and are not the same traps exactly.

Can you not make your own pans for the bodygrip traps? Wood/weldmesh etc?

There is no license required to buy traps from US or Canada for UK, but most retailers will not sell you traps that can be sold under license here (like BMI Magnum for example) as ours have been modified to fit the STAO and are not the same traps exactly.

Yea I'm gonna have a go at making some pans, its just I haven't much spare time lately! Although the timber/mesh pans work, and are easy install, I'm looking for a sturdier, lower profile, steel pan which will last!

I have a plan in my head of what I want, and its nothing complicated, just need get a spare hour or two in the shed!

I have an idea

The critter steps on the plate and that closes the jaws with power. This is not a legal trap in the UK, obviously.

Critters? You turning yank, when you getting your crocket hat :laugh:

Stop messing with shite traps lol

Ha ha , well you want to prize yourself from under your lass's thumb and get out you big-nosed messer. You stick to your daft guns ha ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: amateur. :tongue2::D

Yea seen these before, easy install, but like timber, used in conjunction with the trap wires, they sit up an inch or more high from the base of the trap when set!

I'm looking for a pan which sits closer to ground level! IMO it should reduce trap avoidance! Jesus im a Choosey f****r! Lol

Anyway, sorry for drifting off OP

Yea seen these before, easy install, but like timber, used in conjunction with the trap wires, they sit up an inch or more high from the base of the trap when set!

I'm looking for a pan which sits closer to ground level! IMO it should reduce trap avoidance! Jesus im a Choosey f****r! Lol

As far as i'm aware the metal coni-pans will be the lowest you can get. To get any lower you'd have to bend the triggers back on themselves. What exactly are you after? I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for....the coni-pans work well, but they do need to be used in a certain way to avoid foul catches IMO.

post-16-0-96254800-1412691057_thumb.jpg

As far as i'm aware the metal coni-pans will be the lowest you can get. To get any lower you'd have to bend the triggers back on themselves. What exactly are you after? I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for....the coni-pans work well, but they do need to be used in a certain way to avoid foul catches IMO.
This is what I was thinking of buying!

full-17632-211774-cpan_zpshcuzhtxg.jpg

minkbook219_zpsw8wxikut.jpg

I'm sure a lad could make something similar, if he put his mind to it!

You're not getting it 'that' much lower than a coni IMO, and the way that's set has a very real chance of a foul catch of the animals hind quarters. I will see if i can find them for sale anywhere, but it looks a bit fiddley.... JMHO.

You're not getting it 'that' much lower than a coni IMO, and the way that's set has a very real chance of a foul catch of the animals hind quarters. I will see if i can find them for sale anywhere, but it looks a bit fiddley.... JMHO.

You may well be right, but they do look a neat job!

I honestly don't think their worth the money either way, especially if they dont perform well!

Eddie,...that trap is best placed, a wee bit back, in the cubby,...a fox/dog/cat could put his face right into it,...and a BMI 116 will hold fast on a jaw,... If you need items from the States,.talk to the vendor, and arrange for some Trade Samples to be sent over...if ya get my drift :thumbs:

All the best, Phil.