No Bull Blood!

I'm not a fan of Hancock dogs but credit were its due,there was some very good Fox dogs up this way that were Hancock bred early nineties . These dogs were all direct from Hancock but were 1/2 cross , 5/8 cross and a 3/4 cross the dogs I can remember , all of them 100% on Fox .

agree with this had a couple myself,and a couple of bitsa lurchers,think some of its down to entering at the right time,etc think with the bull cross,s people assume there all gonna be dynamite,jmo mc

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More foxes were killed pre ban than there is now ,I'd say simply because of the amount of lads who chucked it when the ban came in, same as the lads with coursing dogs, more Hares were also killed bac

Glad you mentioned the 70 & 80's Bird, because in that era the apbt was at it's very best, and maybe on into the really 90's, in them era's there was a lot of game tested dogs on the scene, genuin

Wheaten if you aint wanting bull blood ....

To play devils advocate,how 'game' in the true sense of the word are you going to get crossing any bulldog with a running dog, and how game does one need to be?

Also how would you test for that level of gameness?

Just playing devils advocate.....

Good deergrey colliegrey dont need to take the punishment as they go about the job in a very different way once the penny drops,, i have seen dogs of this cross who take fox regular single handed and they have hardly any marks,, yet bull x taken half the foxes peppered to feck !

Edited by merle24

It all depends how much work the dog has seen during the night/day before hand, a tired dog is not as efficient as a fresh dog.Depends on a dogs individual style some take a chewing and others dont get a mark on them.But its a different story when they are tired,Ive seen dogs that usually dont get a nip take a lot more punishment later on in the night when they are tired .

sp

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1