Good Night Gone Bad

was out last night dogs running brilliantly catching good and had a good bag then my dhxgh had a run and went through a gate into the next field and i couldn't lamp him as i was down the hedge so turned off my lam sett off walking to the gate got there had a look no dog walked over the brow he was holding is right foot up strugerling to come to me and covered in sticky buds my guess is he chased the bunny through the hedge in the dark and clipped a tree when i checked him over there was a lot of swelling so i came right home. i spoke to the vet she says give him metacam for a couple of days till the swelling goes down and bring him in so she can check his shoulder and muscle properly for damage and go from there not sure how long he will be off running it must have been a big hit though. he was in grate condition this is a set back i just didn't want or need but thats the game we are in just hope its not a career ending injury as he is a good dog for me