No Tax Disc

So this new tax disc thingy.........when it comes into effect do we keep displaying our paper disc till it needs renewed or do we take it down and are automatically on the system? Do we get informed when it needs renewed same as now and do we still go to PO and pay for it or pay direct to wherever? I know these questions probably sound daft but I genuinely haven't seen or heard anything about this new system :icon_redface:

So this new tax disc thingy.........when it comes into effect do we keep displaying our paper disc till it needs renewed or do we take it down and are automatically on the system? Do we get informed when it needs renewed same as now and do we still go to PO and pay for it or pay direct to wherever? I know these questions probably sound daft but I genuinely haven't seen or heard anything about this new system :icon_redface:

Everything is the same as now, except they don't physically send you a paper disc. :thumbs:

Having no tax disc will be like a blast from the past for me... :D

Beat me to it mate,,,feck them were the days back in the 80,s no tax no insurance,,,did have mot,,,well I bought the mot for for £20,,,lol,,,

Got nicked as well,,,,many times,,,lol

• Like 1

Having no tax disc will be like a blast from the past for me... :D

Beat me to it mate,,,feck them were the days back in the 80,s no tax no insurance,,,did have mot,,,well I bought the mot for for £20,,,lol,,,

Got nicked as well,,,,many times,,,lol

That's right mate, you never got your tax, you'd always see how long you could string it out between disks. It was never a worry. You bought an old motor with a tax disc in, happy days, even if it was well out of date, it was there! If not, a beer mat would do, or 'borrow' one off an old boy (like me now!) who put his new one over his old and had a stack on his screen. As long as sommat looked like a disc, bottom left, you were good to go!

Insurance the same, forced into Swintons, third party fire 'n theft at most! Didn't give two fecks as long as you could get your dogs in and get out...

Everything is the same as now, except they don't physically send you a paper disc. :thumbs:

Everything is not the same......gone are the days when you buy or sell a motor with tax on......now when you send a log book back to dvla they will reimburse you whatever tax is left on the car you sold......and as the new keeper you will start the tax off again...............its supposedly to crack down on uninsured cars.

Everything is not the same......gone are the days when you buy or sell a motor with tax on......now when you send a log book back to dvla they will reimburse you whatever tax is left on the car you sold......and as the new keeper you will start the tax off again...............its supposedly to crack down on uninsured cars.

I was just answering vixens question about how you buy tax etc. It's SUPPOSED to crack down on uninsured drivers, but I thought ANPR was supposed to do that. This seems just a way of nicking a few weeks of tax money of anyone selling their car halfway through a month.

If you sell a car on the first of the month, you will lose a full months rebate. No one will be able to buy a car with any tax on it, the seller has to surrender the tax immediately , and the buyer will not be able to drive the car legally until they tax it.