Anyone Actually NOT Seen This Photo Before?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Shaman

Yeah DS I remember the National Geographic article on her, and the later one where they went in search of her, If my memory serves me correct she was called Shabat (Sweet Water) where we get our sherbet from.

The pics are real alright, i used to employ a young fella who's dad was iranian and who's mum was from the mountains on the Pakistan / Afghan border, well needless to say this fella had two sisters, and they both had those pale green eyes and believe me when i say i have never seen such beautiful looking women anywhere else in the world (still looking of course :yes: )

Apparently the gene goes back to the times of Alexander the great and the greek invasion of middle asia, may not be a purely greek thing though as Alexander "collected" a whole manner of people along the way to add to the army.

its just a shame that such a stunning looking creature should be kept in a cave and end up up looking like your granny by the time she's thirty, but thats the way the world turns.

The photographer was a guy called Steve McCurry. He sneaked into Afghanistan just before the Russian invasion with 10 or 12 rolls of film sewn into his clothing (disguised as a tribesman) and back out a few weeks later with the first photos to show the world what the Russians were doing and the Mujahadeen rebels were doing to defend themselves. He was photographing at a refugee camp just over the border in Pakistan (if I remember correctly) when he saw her looking at him and took the shot.

http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php

He used the shot on the cover of his book 'Portraits' Probably the best pic in the whole book and is available on his site as a fine art print

http://www.amazon.com/Portraits-Contempora...6360&sr=8-1

Must have made a feckin bomb out of that one photo. (and, YES, she's a bit of a howler now - lots to be said for those feckin viels)

I have a healthy fear/distrust/aversion, call it what you will, to women with green eyes. They are all plain scary, full stop. Maybe it has something to do with my dim and distant past . . . :whistling:

OTC

Just women or people in general :laugh: