German Sheperds

Thank you Carraghs. he looks a big lad, if you have any better photos of him, stick them up if you want. :thumbs:

It seems these ones and the czhec dogs seem the way to go. I was talking to my friend that bred my pup and he said, pure cz GS have a high bite/prey drive, which has to be carefully controlled, good thing to bare in mind i suppose.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. Due to their paw size they struggle with the trigger.

weird fukka,has a right sneaky way about him,but he keeps folk out for sure

I've had a fair few pass through my door when I helped out a German Shepherd Rescue charity with training the dogs. They are the most noble and loyal of dogs.   I was never asked to provide a nice w

Posted Images

Suppose it would be better for the breed on the whole if people didnt just get a dog from working lines but parents with titles? Now I know most probably just want a dog that barks and haven't got the time to enter any competitions and what not. Thing is those dogs IMO shouldn't be bred. If people was more fussy I'd hope it'll benefit the breed. Hope I'm making sense with what I'm trying to get at.

It's abit like the staffs being bred and sold with the term "psycho lines". When the dog bred has done f**k all. Would make things better if more people choose to buy from dogs with titles rather than just a description on preloaded "good guard". A good guard is an opinionated thing but if a dog was proven then think it'll be better. Otherwise no doubt it'll go like the Alsatians and anyone who's got a dog that growls thinks it should be bred and pups get sold to like minded people.

Great dogs i think. They are so easy to train and do a vast arrange of jobs when trained well, not to mention protecting your property ect.

Getting a pup soon, looking forward to it, had one in the passed and proved to be a fantastic dog on all different manner of things.

Who else on here owns them?

Ill get a photo of my pup up as soon as i get her.

I think if bred right and brought up right, they are hard to beat.

The one i had years ago, would hunt up deer all day, she had some stamina!

Two of them were shot on my local farm Sunday, they chased and bit a flock of sheep causing 5 to be put down and a further 45 to be treated by 2 vets who had to be called out.. Don't know about their stamina ,when the farmer got there they were laying down absolutely exhausted after their exploits.

nope ireland, dam is holland import trained as a personal protection dog. sire is malinois

there are several breeders in the UK but recommend you do your research and go on malinois + dutch shepherd groups on fb to get an idea of whos reputable

Great dogs i think. They are so easy to train and do a vast arrange of jobs when trained well, not to mention protecting your property ect.

Getting a pup soon, looking forward to it, had one in the passed and proved to be a fantastic dog on all different manner of things.

Who else on here owns them?

Ill get a photo of my pup up as soon as i get her.

I think if bred right and brought up right, they are hard to beat.

The one i had years ago, would hunt up deer all day, she had some stamina!

Two of them were shot on my local farm Sunday, they chased and bit a flock of sheep causing 5 to be put down and a further 45 to be treated by 2 vets who had to be called out.. Don't know about their stamina ,when the farmer got there they were laying down absolutely exhausted after their exploits.

he has an off switch but is very high energy so you need something for him to focus on... not a dog to leave to its own devices. hes with me nearly 24/7 and when im not at home where he can free roam safely he needs a lot of exercise

Thank you Carraghs. Inan, that is bad, its not the dogs fault, its irresponsible dog owners , shame and poor sheep.

he has an off switch but is very high energy so you need something for him to focus on... not a dog to leave to its own devices. hes with me nearly 24/7 and when im not at home where he can free roam safely he needs a lot of exercise

Really nice dog gem! I remember that litter and was nearly tempted myself ( I need the kids to be a little older first) Don't think you'll go far wrong with him.

Really nice dog gem! I remember that litter and was nearly tempted myself ( I need the kids to be a little older first) Don't think you'll go far wrong with him.

hes great with the kids and also livestock.theres a litter brother to him for sale last i heard... male pup by name of troy

This is me and my old working sheperd sam. We worked together for a good ten years. And he sadly had to be destroyed two years ago due to major hip probelms. I had him from 7 months old. And possibly the only thing in my life i trusted to the end, Saved my ass more times then i can count. This pup was more then just a dog to me. Here he is about 12 months before he passed.

sam_zpsbe7c6d37.jpg

• Like 3