Carbine Or Standard

Haha all good crack lads cheers moxy sound info lads thanks just got the regal but me girlfriend is gonna treat me to a new one for crimbo so thinking about addin the hw100 fsb to the collection to see what all the fuss is about lol was just thinking carbine or standard

The HW fsb is noisy ,you need another mod on it which makes it even longer

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of people have their own opinions on this mine is that i like the standard barrel as all the guns ive owned have not been carbines - i would like to try one though

That's what I said to her last night

The HW fsb is noisy ,you need another mod on it which makes it even longer

Pcp Barry just wondered if it made any difference with the standard or carbine with accuracy I have had both just wanting to no other peoples view do you think it makes a difference

I am not sure if you have a nice rest with a long barreled pcp .then the gun is bang on .If you are shooting a bit more free hand then a short barrel .I havent shot long barreled pcp that much a few days here and there but I have a parker hale dragon the gun is a 22 shooting at 10.5 ft lbs it has a very long barrel and can be very accurate somedays . all my pcps at the present are carbine that was not by choice they were available at a good price .I would like a full length 177 s 400 I think it would be an excellent gun.I have more guns than I can shoot so I am in no rush .

For me, the biggest difference is in where I'm shooting.

Everyone knows I do a lot of ratting, which is why I am so crap at bagging rabbits. From experience, unless you're posting up on a single site, you need a carbine when going around chicken areas. If you're lay on the floor shooting down the lower egg belt, you'll bang the barrel of the standard gun against the supporting legs a lot and scare off the rats. The increased manoeuvrability means a super short barrel/carbine is best for indoor-mobile ratting. Changing from one spot to another.

For out in the fields, I love the feel of the longer rifle. Whether it changes the quality of my shots, I doubt it, I'm still a rubbish shot either way; but the appeal of a longer standard rifle screams out so much.

• Like 1

There something to you post mate... I know the 'feeling'. My 98 has a long'ish barrel and it sowa damn precise. The 97 isn't as 'clinical' I would say. But I dont think its due to barrel length, perhaps more calibre.

There something to you post mate... I know the 'feeling'. My 98 has a long'ish barrel and it sowa damn precise. The 97 isn't as 'clinical' I would say. But I dont think its due to barrel length, perhaps more calibre.

Dont forget .177 make smaller holes making groups look a bit smaller sometimes.

I dont think a longer barrel makes a gun any more accurate. I like short carbine guns like the 100kt and 97kt and i can get half inch groups at 50 yards. What more do you want?! Lol