Framton.v.martinez......then Scott Quigg..

"We know that boxing, and sport of any kind, can help to improve our physical and mental wellbeing. Carl is a role model that so many young men and women can look up to and everyone should be proud of his achievements,"

Gnash your involved in training ,also mate you know it's not easy to produce a champion . I've no love for Barry The Brit as that's the name he,s got on our road !

ok , has he fell on a good un ? has his son got the knowledge to train him ?

Will history repeat itself ? What Barney Eastwood done to Mcguigan will he do the

same to young Frampton ?? ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its on the radio.light a candle and let on its during the war yrs.

good to see any local kid doing well for himself with a young family to support

Hope Quigg and Frampton eventually face each other,I think Quiggs got the beating of him .

Frampton expected Martinez to come out looking to land big shots and the second round was energetic ring warfare. At one stage there was a hint of a Martinez wobble but he came back purposefully.

A popular result looked to be on the cards as Frampton offered the greater early menace. A cut opened above Martinez's left eye, caused by a clash of heads in which if there was an aggressor it looked to be Frampton, and that threatened to be a major factor in the outcome.

Martinez slipped early in round five and Frampton looked to take an extra shot at his prone opponent. A big right from Frampton connected and Martinez was down on the canvas, and momentum was all with the man from Tiger's Bay, no doubt ahead on the scorecards too.

A stronger seventh round from Martinez showed he was not finished, physically or mentally. And he was protecting the cut well, while staying aggressive into the eighth round as he darted forward with urgency, planting plenty of shots into Frampton's body, including one after the bell.

Frampton was cut too, over his right eye, and his durable opponent was looking good for the distance heading into the 11th round.

After his mid-fight dip, that was the round in which the Belfast boy imposed his authority, at one point ploughing a flurry of short-range shots into a limp Martinez.

A knock-out was feasible as Frampton commanded the final round, with Martinez doing well to stay on his feet. The bell sounded to spare Martinez any more punishment, and as Frampton was hoisted aloft by his team nobody was left in any doubt.

Next for Frampton could be lucrative unification bouts with WBC champion Leo Santa Cruz or British rival and regular WBA titlist Scott Quigg.

Frampton thanked McGuigan and dedicated the victory to his grandfather, who died recently.

"That was for my granda," he said on Box Nation. "I love you."

And Frampton made it clear who he wants for his next ring outing, saying: "The only man I want to fight is Scott Quigg.

"I'll fight him in Manchester, I'll fight him anywhere, but we've got options."

The new champion gave Martinez credit for making a contest of it for a while, saying: "He was so dangerous. He's a hard puncher.

"I haven't seen my face yet but it feels lumpy.

"I've never respected a fighter as much in my life. What a fighter and what a worthy world champion."

By the sound of this he wants to fight Scott Quigg . If the promoters who makes the money listen up then let's get it on for the young lad !

Edited by jimmys shop
  • Like 1

"We know that boxing, and sport of any kind, can help to improve our physical and mental wellbeing. Carl is a role model that so many young men and women can look up to and everyone should be proud of his achievements,"

Gnash your involved in training ,also mate you know it's not easy to produce a champion . I've no love for Barry The Brit as that's the name he,s got on our road !

ok , has he fell on a good un ? has his son got the knowledge to train him ?

Will history repeat itself ? What Barney Eastwood done to Mcguigan will he do the

same to young Frampton ?? ?

He,s a very good fighter Jimmy without a doubt ive just always felt Mcguigan has ulterior motives he was the publics sweetheart when he was fighting but he wasnt well liked by other fighters he had a " my shit dont stink attitude " and to be honest id question the motives of anyone who puts their own son in as a trainer and chief second of a top fighter just because he,s done a strength & conditioning course !.......Is he that arrogant he thinks Frampton doesnt need an experienced boxing trainer ? ....im all for looking after your family but thats going a bit far ( look at all that Freddie Flintoff nonsense as an example of Mcguigans motives )........i think at the moment Frampton is good enough for that not to be a problem but the bigger the fight the more we,ll find out i guess.....im not all that familiar with the rest of the division but id fancy him to beat Quigg,be a good fight though.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Hope Quigg and Frampton do fight,there's plenty of interest from people wanting to see it. It would certainly fill an arena out no problems and generate plenty of money for both fighters,I just think even though Quigg can be a slow starter his tidier boxing and tight guard would see him prevail. I agree with Gnasher though, at some point in his career Frampton is going to need to bring an experienced coach in .

Hope Quigg and Frampton do fight,there's plenty of interest from people wanting to see it. It would certainly fill an arena out no problems and generate plenty of money for both fighters,I just think even though Quigg can be a slow starter his tidier boxing and tight guard would see him prevail. I agree with Gnasher though, at some point in his career Frampton is going to need to bring an experienced coach in .

jimmy tibbs was in his corner.

jimmy tibbs was in his corner.

" in his corner " ( cutman )......he,s not his trainer and never will be ;)

I think carl framton will get whats needed and young mc guigan has to start somewhere

hes doing something right.....Framton boxed exactly to plan he said.

he is. an as you know if they make a mistake with framton they loss all support there a bit more than a boxer trainer thing going on in that team