They look like it to me. Even if they are not they look like a member of the boletus family which are usually good.

Do some more research though before eating I don't want your death on my conscience

No you said they were fine mate....lol

I've only googled images so far & Ive bought some in the past, they do seem to match....but my experience of picking edible mushrooms is zero, so I'm not sure what to do really.......

If it helps i would eat them based on the pics. There are lots of others that do look similar which are also edible like the orange birch bolete

Can never say though with 100% from the Internet though. Cut a tiny bit off it and try it, if you turn green your face swells up and you grow a third nipple, it probably isn't a good one lol

I am almost positive these are alright though

• Like 1

They look like the classic 'penny bun' boletus, aka cepe. There are none of this family of fungi that can be confused with poisonous ones, so you should be OK. The only dangerous boletus are the ones that stain blue when you cut them open: Satan's mushroom is the main culprit. Not like the Amanita family which contain many toxic examples.

Here's a good article and photos of them: http://huntergathercook.typepad.com/huntergathering_wild_fres/2010/09/ceps-know-your-boletus.html

All I can say is "Lucky you!" to have them in your garden!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.......that's enlightened me a bit.....I will try a little bit first, before I go for the mushroom risotto lol

Skycat....it's only really occurred to me today, that they might be cepes & it's my second summer in this house....but that's what I was thinking 'lucky me!'

I'll let you know ;-)

Thanks for the replies.......that's enlightened me a bit.....I will try a little bit first, before I go for the mushroom risotto lol

Skycat....it's only really occurred to me today, that they might be cepes & it's my second summer in this house....but that's what I was thinking 'lucky me!'

I'll let you know ;-)

well are you still with us :laugh:

• Like 1