A Passion For Coursing 3

The thing is, I had a think on how to approach the PFC series and thought the interviews were the best way. Otherwise it would be a bit difficult. The way they are is the way the person answers, so none of it is lost in translation, and i've tried to ask questions that, i hope, would be relevant. You can't please everyone, but i thought it was the best way and, the more experience i get the better the coursing series will become.Hopefully. I'm trying to get everyones stories down as soon as I can as some of the old boys are sadly no longer with us.If anyone does have suggestions on improvements please drop me a pm....and all the best JD

p.s, rough copy of the book here....

I think you were wise to go the way you did with them.If you had written what different sources had told you about particular events on a given day, you would be bound to get contradictory impressions/opinions of what took place.

That doesn't mean anyone would necessarily be intentionally "adjusting the facts", time and memory play tricks on us all. But you could have opened cans of worms with scenarios where one guy said ,"that bitch was knackered after its first run,"" that was a run hare"," it was a kick up on plough"",I've seen it jack" , " the dog didn't catch its second hare" and all other manner of conflicting accounts.

You know only too well how it goes.I've been in the line watching a course and seen a totally different run from a bloke further along the field.

What you did was let each individual tell his own story in his own words ,relating his personal philosophy of running, sharing his magic days,with us, and some dissapointing ones too, plus thoughts on training, matching etc.

I thought the format worked very well.

Xmas time I'll be looking to add Volume 3 to my other 2. :thumbs:

• Like 2

The thing is, I had a think on how to approach the PFC series and thought the interviews were the best way. Otherwise it would be a bit difficult. The way they are is the way the person answers, so none of it is lost in translation, and i've tried to ask questions that, i hope, would be relevant. You can't please everyone, but i thought it was the best way and, the more experience i get the better the coursing series will become.Hopefully. I'm trying to get everyones stories down as soon as I can as some of the old boys are sadly no longer with us.If anyone does have suggestions on improvements please drop me a pm....and all the best JD

p.s, rough copy of the book here....

I think you were wise to go the way you did with them.If you had written what different sources had told you about particular events on a given day, you would be bound to get contradictory impressions/opinions of what took place.

That doesn't mean anyone would necessarily be intentionally "adjusting the facts", time and memory play tricks on us all. But you could have opened cans of worms with scenarios where one guy said ,"that bitch was knackered after its first run,"" that was a run hare"," it was a kick up on plough"",I've seen it jack" , " the dog didn't catch its second hare" and all other manner of conflicting accounts.

You know only too well how it goes.I've been in the line watching a course and seen a totally different run from a bloke further along the field.

What you did was let each individual tell his own story in his own words ,relating his personal philosophy of running, sharing his magic days,with us, and some dissapointing ones too, plus thoughts on training, matching etc.

I thought the format worked very well.

Xmas time I'll be looking to add Volume 3 to my other 2. :thumbs:

. Well said Iran well said

more lies and bullshit he should have write for Hans Christian Andersen. Fairy Tales and Stories listening to lies and print them when the truth is out there :yes: :yes:

Willow, i know you're refering to Lucky's litter. I pm'ed you and explained that i only published what was told on the interview. However, in this next volume the truth is explained in another interview, with regards where Lucky's litter was whelped/reared.

I am only putting down other peoples opinions in this series......

• Like 1

i got hare and swift hound a pfc 1 n 2 i thought hare and swift hound was to many pictures and bot enough reading but still a good book.. passion for coursing is the dogs bolloxs storys in the field; breeding im defo gonna get the 3rd one and any other in the series.. im into coursing so night be bias but best lurcher books ive read. running dog addiction wasnt bad either..

So why not bring your on book out ?? take the photos . I buy most of the books from Dutch salmons gazehounds and coursing to running dog maintenance and and find Darcy's books very good I like the passion for coursing series

You can pick them up read a few interviews then leave for couple of months and read another time

• Like 1