Got called to a report of rats in the lawn today. No rats but voles have taken over old mole runs. The moles were trapped last winter.

There are over 40 holes ruining the lawn now, each hole has very short nibbled grass around, sure they are voles.

Can anything be done to move them on??

Just my two cents worth but when we wanted anything out of an underground burrow but didn't want to kill them we'd soak pine cones in Creosote for a few days and put them in the burrow.

The smell would shift anything.

And it works a treat I did a r.s.p.c.a centre one night and snared a lot of rabbits on a smallholders fence line after the head inspector agreed with me and the centre manager was a arse

Water Voles are protected but as Stephenwalsh said above Field Voles are not protected with the exception of the Wild Mammals (Protection) Act.

The best way to clear an area of them is to use the boxed snappa traps baited with peanut butter and placed next to the holes.

Water Voles are protected but as Stephenwalsh said above Field Voles are not protected with the exception of the Wild Mammals (Protection) Act.

The best way to clear an area of them is to use the boxed snappa traps baited with peanut butter and placed next to the holes.

Sorry, but I disagree.

These little fellahs are fairly harmless.

Advise the customer to invest in a sack of sharp sand and put that down the holes. The voles will go, and the lawn will improve with the addition of the sand.

Kill, kill, kill......... not for me these days chaps :thumbs:

Once people see a picture of a little vole with their cute faces most of them are happy to have the little dudes living in the garden. Iv never been called out to a lawn with huge amounts of holes though.