Dog Not Eating Or Drinking

The dog was given two jumbones last night and the dog hasn't eaten or drunk since .... So tonight would make that 24 hours without food or water ... I would be very worried if that was my dog ......

• Like 2

If we took the mutts to the vets every time a dog looks or acts iffy we,d be knacked,its knowing your mutt.If its slightly out of sorts id leave it a while longer,if its in distress and discomfort,then its a vet job.

How's the dog in general, lying about or still eager to go out when you get the lead or keys to the van, has it sh*t today ?? I don't know what a jumbone is but some bones will make rock hard sh*ts and hard to pass, it must be drinking water though or as socks said get to the vets, WM

a dog not eating is one thing, a dog not drinking is something altogether serious. and if it hasn't taken on water in 24hrs then as others have said above,GET IT TO THE VETS, or you will very soon have a spare kennel going! if you can't get to the vets for what ever reason, then you need to get fluids on board. mix up a electrolyte/peadiolyte solution (water/suger and a pinch of salt) if you google "homemade peadiolyte" you will get the measurements. if the dog wont lap it up, the put it in a syringe, no needle, and push it slowly into the mouth so it goes down without making the dog gag...

YOKEL

• Like 1