Staffie In Lurcher?

I have a pup here,bought it as a litter from 2 supposedly excellent Fox dogs it's a beardie grey x staf grey X Irish staf x grey.anyone heard of this kind of cross? He is only 23" and really racy.coming on well at 11 month listens well and starting to jump better.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It only takes putting the word 'Irish' in front of the word 'Staffordshirebull' to turn a thread into a rare old donnybrook at 2.30am...back when i used to come on the forum regular lads would always

A very handy Staffie x Greyhound from similar stuff to what Birds on about, the bitch died last year but there's a few pups about out of her.....  

ive said many times on here regards staffx greys , I ive seen a cracker (tug) 26in dog ,kill foxes easy and would catch rabbits as well . the line of staffs were from the black country, some up t

Posted Images

As your topic appears to be in the wrong section, (a non hunting post), we have moved it to the appropriate forum.

Read the forum rules, top of the section.

This is an automatically generated reply.

Isn't irish staff often used as an alias for pitbull ? I think Phil Drabble wrote about staffies being quietly bred into supposedly pure race whippet lines to give the dog a but more determination .

Staffies bond strongly and quickly with their owners so that's another bonus for you.

Isn't irish staff often used as an alias for pitbull ? I think Phil Drabble wrote about staffies being quietly bred into supposedly pure race whippet lines to give the dog a but more determination .

Staffies bond strongly and quickly with their owners so that's another bonus for you.

according to a book by the late Brian Plummer, Whippets before the second world war weren't short of fire and such a cross wouldn't be needed, certain kennels may have tried to X these breeds but i can't see the dogs keeping they're speed and agility, what Phil Drabbie book are you reffering too? wouldn't mind reading it myself big fan on Staffies

• Like 1

People use various aliases for a pit bull . Irish staffie is one of those.

Suprising how many large muscular pit bull dogs appear these days which are described as irish staffs to avoid possible police interest

Maybe they breed them big over the water !

• Like 1

ive said many times on here regards staffx greys , I ive seen a cracker (tug) 26in dog ,kill foxes easy and would catch rabbits as well . the line of staffs were from the black country, some up to 19in 45lb and racey type staffs . we had similar size staffs more like pits today when I was kid , there still around but don't see them , compare to the show bred stuff . I still think apbt is the best of all the bull terriers :yes: , but there few good staffs about, if you shop about you can find them, but easier to get a pit so people go there 1st :yes:

• Like 2

Suprising how many large muscular pit bull dogs appear these days which are described as irish staffs to avoid possible police interest

• Like 1

and yet a lot of the fast lane stuff ,game dogs were not over big , 18-20in 50lb ok you got some 21in 60lb dogs that were very good but most were smaller dogs . :yes:

• Like 1

Will double check Richard but think it was "of pedigree unknown" where Drabble mentions staffies quite a bit. He talks of dog fighting as a popular underground sport dying out due to increased police interest, neighbours getting nosier and the dog men involved turning to whippet racing as it became popular again. I guess he us referring to 1950s or 1960s.

It was reading Drabble that got me interested in staffies and I pestered my mam and dad till I got one for my 13th birthday. Ge was a cracking dog and best present ever.

• Like 1